Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New" Feature
Was using my Classic today to BBM a buddy and on a whim, I held down the alt key and swiped the trackpad to see what would happen.

As we all know, holding down the shift key and using the trackpad will select text. Holding down the alt key will jump your cursor to the next selectable field. Thus, when you're in BBM, and you're at the end of a sentence you just typed, if you hold alt and swipe back, you'll skip immediately to the next field, which is the attachment paper clip icon.

My first impulse was to check with a buddy who's had a Classic for about as long as I have (1 year) and he wasn't aware of this either.

I need to play around with this some more to see how it works on Web pages and in other apps, but it's definitely peaked my curiosity and I think it's amazing BB10 has more tricks up her sleeve.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
BlackBerry's OS is always capable of making me smile, it's chocked full of little hidden gems, shortcuts and multiple ways of getting things done smoothly, quickly and efficiently.
Just when I think I've learned them all, I'll stumble across another little gem that puts a big grin on my face.

It's the simple small things that make for a great OS!
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 2 users Like mscloutier's post:
  • fahed_alderbi, james pisano
Very cool!
(12-06-2016, 11:26 PM)mscloutier Wrote: BlackBerry's OS is always capable of making me smile, it's chocked full of little hidden gems, shortcuts and multiple ways of getting things done smoothly, quickly and efficiently.
Just when I think I've learned them all, I'll stumble across another little gem that puts a big grin on my face.

It's the simple small things that make for a great OS!

Couldn't agree more, Martin! I remember when I first realized you could swipe back to delete words on VKB devices.
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • mscloutier
(13-06-2016, 01:39 PM)james pisano Wrote: Couldn't agree more, Martin! I remember when I first realized you could swipe back to delete words on VKB devices.

Another of my favorites on both the Passport and virtual keyboards is swiping down to change the special characters.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Yes. Another good one! I just started getting into that habit with my Z30.
(12-06-2016, 02:24 PM)james pisano Wrote: Was using my Classic today to BBM a buddy and on a whim, I held down the alt key and swiped the trackpad to see what would happen.

As we all know, holding down the shift key and using the trackpad will select text. Holding down the alt key will jump your cursor to the next selectable field. Thus, when you're in BBM, and you're at the end of a sentence you just typed, if you hold alt and swipe back, you'll skip immediately to the next field, which is the attachment paper clip icon.

My first impulse was to check with a buddy who's had a Classic for about as long as I have (1 year) and he wasn't aware of this either.

I need to play around with this some more to see how it works on Web pages and in other apps, but it's definitely peaked my curiosity and I think it's amazing BB10 has more tricks up her sleeve.

Blogit!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(16-06-2016, 04:54 AM)Brad Wrote: Blogit!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Run James run! See James run.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • Brad
I'm volunteering James for a blogpost too :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • mscloutier
(12-06-2016, 02:24 PM)james pisano Wrote: Was using my Classic today to BBM a buddy and on a whim, I held down the alt key and swiped the trackpad to see what would happen.

James...Blog it! LOL