Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropped my Precious!
Finally dropped my Classic, after a year!

Was using the BlackBerry pouch and while I was pulling the phone out, it slipped out of my hand and dropped on a tile floor and hit a grate and then bounced and skipped across the floor. Picked it up with some apprehension and scrutinized it carefully and there is almost zero indication of the fall! Only the smallest nick on the edge. I smiled to myself and admired the sturdy construction; this phone is built like a tank.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 2 users Like james pisano's post:
  • m3mb3rsh1p, Ninja
Scary feeling isn't it, when you see you Precious take a tumble and go skidding across the floor. I've been lucky, (knock on wood) my BlackBerries have taken some nasty drops and tumbles over the years... and usually when they're their naked. The only damaged they've incurred is a very small and barely visible dent on the battery cover on my Z10, and on my Z30 a very minute scratch on the screen, only visible if it catches the light just right.
Yes, that's correct I'm not a fan of screen protectors, I don't like the feel or the look of them, and I find they scratch easily.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • james pisano
I don't like my BlackBerry devices having screen protectors. It makes the device look cheap.

I've taken off all of my BB10's screen protectors. It made the screen more sensitive and responsive than having a screen protector. Plus, the look is amazing. All are crisp looking even on a 720p panel.
[-] The following 4 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • fishlove73, james pisano, mscloutier, Ninja
Always use a screen protector, just like I always use a shell case.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(12-06-2016, 12:37 AM)HYMAN Wrote: I don't like my BlackBerry devices having screen protectors. It makes the device look cheap.

I've taken off all of my BB10's screen protectors. It made the screen more sensitive and responsive than having a screen protector. Plus, the look is amazing. All are crisp looking even on a 720p panel.

I fully agree Hyman,

I get a kick out of people trying to show me the great shots they've taken on their devices only to have their HD resolution screens covered by a screen protector that is worn out, full of scratches and dog eared on the corners. Yep, that's a great display you have there, all yellowed, blurry and full of scratches. LOL
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • fishlove73
Never problem with photos with a screen protector. Then again I'm not afraid to changed them if they get too yucky.
(12-06-2016, 03:05 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Never problem with photos with a screen protector. Then again I'm not afraid to changed them if they get too yucky.

That's the key there, you're a BlackBerry user so you have the smarts to know when it's time to change a screen protector. :)
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 5 users Like mscloutier's post:
  • DickLewis13, Fayzul, fishlove73, james pisano, Ninja
Not sure how smart. :)
[-] The following 2 users Like DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano, Ninja
Glad it survived James!! But I'm not surprised, BB'S are very very well built devices. Just DON'T do what I did with my SE....

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes fishlove73's post:
  • james pisano
What did you do to your PP SE fishlove!?
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook