Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marshmallow on Passport?
There are some sites claiming you can add Marshmallow to your Passport.

So far they seem to be bogus, but eventually someone may be able to accomplish it.

That being said, if you could add Marshmallow to your Passport would you?

Let us know why or why not in the comments.
Sent from the Best Smartphone in the World - my BlackBerry
Maybe if I had an extra Passport lying around I might. Although I have not used the Passport, it seems like the perfect device for me. So I would be curious to see if the Passport would be as much of a powerhouse on Android as it is on BB10, even though it wasn't designed with that OS in mind.
How possible is it that it can run smoothly, without any glitches? I'm sure we'll hear about the glitches as people install the OS. BlackBerry would have mentioned if Marshmallow was compatible with the Passport.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
no, marshmallow does not recognize my service provider on my priv now, sim card works fine with android 5.1.1 and on my passport, why would running marshmallow on my passport be any different? other than having 2 bricks
Not sure why anyone would give up the amazing OS10 on a Passport.

Sent on my BlackBerry Priv via Tapatalk
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less...."
[-] The following 1 user Likes kpbutton's post:
  • mscloutier
Agree with kp. Plus I doubt that you could install Android on a BB10 phone anyway.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Hmm...I'd like to load BB10 on the BlackBerry PRIV.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 2 users Like mscloutier's post:
  • Brad, DickLewis13
This is a better idea, Martin.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(10-06-2016, 07:41 AM)mscloutier Wrote: Hmm...I'd like to load BB10 on the BlackBerry PRIV.
I agree 100%

Sent on my BlackBerry Priv via Tapatalk
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less...."
I totally agree with Martin and Kp. Even if it's true and we could have android on the Passport, I don't think it's gonna be as smooth as the Priv, regardless of the inferiority of android to BB10. However, I'd love to try another BlackBerry. I currently have black Passport but I feel excited to get my hands on the Priv or an all thouch, just to try something different. I just can't decide between the Leap, which I believe it to be a great device even though it doesn't have the extra features that I rarely or never use on the Passport like NFC, the Priv, and the new rumoured all touch android. I'll just wait till the next update or the next release :/