Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10.3.3.498 Beta!
http://utbblogs.com/blackberry-10-3-3-be...available/

I think it's great that BlackBerry was first out the door with releasing a 10.3.3 beta before leaks started circulating. I've started my download and will be installing on my spare Z10. There are a few fixes I'm hoping to see but I know it's just a maintenance release so I'm not expecting major changes.

Thanks for the news!
Not a maintenance release. A security release. Lol

I think it's great too! Cut off the leakers. Yay!

But remember, dev releases generally have something missing in there. Good idea to use a spare phone. If I get some free time to play this week I may just do that as well

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Definitely not a daily driver. Watermarks, and as Brad posted, likely a lot of things missing.
Read the warning, use only on a spare phone.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Hmm. I thought BlackBerry had stopped adding watermarks... Have you tried it DickLewis? I'll install tonight and try it out. Perhaps this public release is a sign of willingness to receive input from the community for fixes and such.

The Priv Marshmallow beta was essentially a complete product given that it was not long before the final release. I'll try sending a bug report if a find anything and see if they respond or fix it.
Not gonna touch this one at all. Load only on a test device, you cannot go back.
Dev version means it is not a full featured OS.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Very bare bones OS. Most of my Apps I've had to reinstall and then try a restore. Even the runtime was absent. Still early days yet. To quote Captain Kirk when first launching the Enterprise A, Let's see what she's got.
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
(02-06-2016, 07:17 PM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: Very bare bones OS. Most of my Apps I've had to reinstall and then try a restore. Even the runtime was absent. Still early days yet. To quote Captain Kirk when first launching the Enterprise A, Let's see what she's got.

Or to quote Scotty..."The more they over think the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain. "

Thus the lack of some of features. They don't need feedback from areas that are ready for release or areas that they aren't beta ready yet.
I have installed it and it works pretty fine.
I took time to find the missing files-71 app bar files. After running the autoloader, I sideloaded the missing files and it has been good so far.
Only issues I have noticed so far is this:
1. Alarm is not working(this common for dev OS)
2. FM Radio is not working (also not new to dev OS)
3. Whatsapp for BB10 won't go past the login screen. This is as a result of Whatsapp not supporting blackberry anymore. I emailed support and they told me this but said it will probably be fixed in official release of 10.3.3 as the dev OS is broken.(solution is using the android version. Works good but no hub integration)
4. Files on SD card are not displaying properly(no fix yet)
5. Blackberry is partially working. No voice prompt option but typing works fine. (this is also peculiar to dev OSes)

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
Running the latest OS on my cute z30 Wink
[-] The following 5 users Like shorski's post:
  • bambinoitaliano, Brad, DickLewis13, fishlove73, m3mb3rsh1p
shorski, thank you for sharing!
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Nice run through Shorski!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk