Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superman Question
Haven't read comics since 1972, don't think DC got into that bit of detail back then.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano
Superman originally didn't fly. He "lept tall buildings in a single bound." It's rumored that his flight ability started gaining popularity in the 40s with the radio shows because of the sound effects used. It sounded like he was flying, so they started making him fly more often.
Scientifically, his flight is an extension of his strength and the effect that our "weakened" gravitational pull on Earth has on him.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like pippimarried's post:
  • Brad, james pisano, mscloutier
Hmm. That's interesting, Pippi. I'm wondering how and if that power translates to underwater though.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Why you need Superman to swim when you got Aquaman? That's his territory.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
I don't need him to, I'm just wondering if he can. It seems he could definitely swim fast, just like he could run fast on land, but could he "fly" through the water...?
I don't think if Superman was under water that it would be considered flying.
No matter how fast he is moving, it would still be swimming.
(06-05-2016, 06:56 AM)pippimarried Wrote: Superman originally didn't fly. He "lept tall buildings in a single bound." It's rumored that his flight ability started gaining popularity in the 40s with the radio shows because of the sound effects used. It sounded like he was flying, so they started making him fly more often.
Scientifically, his flight is an extension of his strength and the effect that our "weakened" gravitational pull on Earth has on him.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Thanks Erica,

Great explanation, it all makes perfect sense now.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

(06-05-2016, 09:51 PM)mscloutier Wrote: Thanks Erica,

Great explanation, it all makes perfect sense now.

Now I have an even tougher question for you, why are the iSheep so blinded? ;)
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

(06-05-2016, 09:46 PM)DickLewis13 Wrote: I don't think if Superman was under water that it would be considered flying.
No matter how fast he is moving, it would still be swimming.

If he was moving his arms and legs and swimming like a normal person, he would be swimming. But he doesn't have to do that when he flies through the air like a bird does...

I suppose if he pushed off the ground and then flew into the water, he would continue on his trajectory, so I supposed he could "fly" through the water. If he was at the bottom of the ocean, and he pushed off, I assume he would fly up and out of the water and continue his trajectory flying in the air.

Really you guys are a huge disappointment! (LOL)

I thought we had some geeks here! :)
Geek has nothing to do with it. If you answered your own question, do you really need us?  Tounge
I still say it's swimming, no matter how he propels himself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano