Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the one app you use everyday and could not get by without?
I consider BBM to be a function of the OS on BB10 therefore it's not eligible to be considered as a favorite app along with the calendar, browser, remember, etc.

Therefore, I have to say that my most used app outside the OS itself would have to be Gnews Reader, followed closely by UTB. They could flip flop for number one depending on the day.
Many "apps" are part of BB10 OS, but BBM still counts. Otherwise no native apps pre-installed would count.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano
I'd say that Password Keeper is one that is essential for me as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jope28's post:
  • mscloutier
Agree with DL. Only app I would preclude from this list is the phone "app."
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(19-04-2016, 05:37 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Many "apps" are part of BB10 OS, but BBM still counts. Otherwise no native apps pre-installed would count.

An OS is a collection of apps by definition so in a way we are both right.

I draw the line by long pressing an icon. If it is available for deletion then I label it an app. If not, it is part of the OS.

That's my definition anyway.

I am in no way diminishing the usefulness of BBM or any of the other mentioned apps, OS functions, what have you.

If we are using the broadest definition of app then I would have to say that Hub is the number one app for me, followed closely by BBM and Browser.
[-] The following 2 users Like BB4tw's post:
  • HYMAN, james pisano
(19-04-2016, 04:24 AM)mscloutier Wrote: I find most apps built by BlackBerry very useful, it's part of what makes BlackBerry my choice...no need to go running to an app store full of millions of garbage apps to only find one or two gems.

Useful and designed for productivity
(19-04-2016, 06:42 AM)BB4tw Wrote: An OS is a collection of apps by definition so in a way we are both right.

I draw the line by long pressing an icon. If it is available for deletion then I label it an app. If not, it is part of the OS.

I am in no way diminishing the usefulness of BBM or any of the other mentioned apps, OS functions, what have you.

If we are using the broadest definition of app then I would have to say that Hub is the number one app for me, followed closely by BBM and Browser.

Well said BB4tw. Nice definition of an "app." Sometimes though, you longpress an icon and cannot delete it, as in the case of Amazon when you have the Verizon OS version. Amazon is definitely an app, so I don't know where that leaves your definition. Also, how does it fit in if there is an entire category of apps in BBWorld even though the native "app" is not deletable? For instance, Remember is not deletable, but there is a slew of task and note managers in BBWorld. Thus, it's hard not to consider Remember an "app."

I totally agree with you about the HUB. I see it as an app though. What do you think about my comments?
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(19-04-2016, 06:42 AM)BB4tw Wrote: An OS is a collection of apps by definition so in a way we are both right.

Spot on BB4TW. :-)
(19-04-2016, 06:07 AM)Jope28 Wrote: I'd say that Password Keeper is one that is essential for me as well.

Yes, this is another one of my most used apps
A BlackBerry abuser w/o using BBM daily is like watching your TV with eyes closed! BlackBerry Browser, File Manager, and BlackBerry Hub follow as well. Big_smile2