Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leap Running Android
(09-04-2016, 05:15 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Sorry boys, but I'm a BlackBerry warrior.

I will soldier on until the last BlackBerry 10 device stops functioning. Until then, I'll be fighting.

And I haven't heard John Chen say, "quit it".

Winners never quit. Quitters never use a BlackBerry! LOL

I have your back brother. I wonder if these app enthusiasts ever considered using browser. He'll, what do I know.
Brad, it's not just communication. I don't miss any apps on BB10. I have all the banking apps downloaded via snap to show to people but don't use them. I have the password keeper browser for that. Similarly, airlines, hotel booking you don't need apps. Browser is great. If I do need apps I use the travel app. Games, I don't play on my phone. So I don't care. If I have time, I'd rather fire up my Xbox. I have the smartglass app as well. Work like a charm. But don't use it. I don't think any gamer uses it regularly. Apps are just pier pressure. And if you know what you want and how to do it, you won't need them. And I'm not ready to give up efficiency, productivity, media consumption and security for apps. Coz my phone does what I want it to already.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • HYMAN
(09-04-2016, 09:58 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Brad, it's not just communication. I don't miss any apps on BB10. I have all the banking apps downloaded via snap to show to people but don't use them. I have the password keeper browser for that. Similarly, airlines, hotel booking you don't need apps. Browser is great. If I do need apps I use the travel app. Games, I don't play on my phone. So I don't care. If I have time, I'd rather fire up my Xbox. I have the smartglass app as well. Work like a charm. But don't use it. I don't think any gamer uses it regularly. Apps are just pier pressure. And if you know what you want and how to do it, you won't need them. And I'm not ready to give up efficiency, productivity, media consumption and security for apps. Coz my phone does what I want it to already.

Very true. App devs really make their apps more addictive and people don't notice that or even ignore that totally.

As manifested by 99% of "smartphone" users are app centric. Well, they aren't smart after all.

It's not just about technology. It's about common sense!

Live your lives normally as it was, before smartphones became a hit.. for goodness sake!

Your lives and families don't exist just because of "apps"!!!

The more technology has become advance, the more people become dumb.. honestly! You better wake up. There's more to life than your silly apps!

Sorry for the rant. This apps thing make me nuts.
(09-04-2016, 09:58 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Brad, it's not just communication. I don't miss any apps on BB10. I have all the banking apps downloaded via snap to show to people but don't use them. I have the password keeper browser for that. Similarly, airlines, hotel booking you don't need apps. Browser is great. If I do need apps I use the travel app. Games, I don't play on my phone. So I don't care. If I have time, I'd rather fire up my Xbox. I have the smartglass app as well. Work like a charm. But don't use it. I don't think any gamer uses it regularly. Apps are just pier pressure. And if you know what you want and how to do it, you won't need them. And I'm not ready to give up efficiency, productivity, media consumption and security for apps. Coz my phone does what I want it to already.

Playing devil's advocate here. You know I'm not talking about social media. Not instagram, not facebook, not whatever the flavor of the month is. The only one I really use is twitter, and I may be the only person on the planet that prefers native BB10 twitter over anything else. (can't stand the ads on android). But there are apps I do use. I blog on my phone, I forum on my phone. There are aspects to the site that use apps, and while I have most of them on my Passport, they're better, more efficient, more productive, on Priv.

Basically, when I'm getting ready to blog while on the run, I reach for my Priv. It's just better for that than my Passport.

BUT.... if I'm heading out and can only have one phone at my side, the Passport is it. Because MY primary need is communication. Be it email, text, bbm, needing to share from browser to one of those... really, just all my day to day stuff, BB10 is better. Heads and shoulders better than Priv for these functions.

Everyone has their own needs. And BlackBerry is giving us a choice, and giving those who's needs match better with Android, a BlackBerry phone to do it on. Priv is BlackBerry.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
I don't blog as much as you do Brad, but I never felt I needed any apps. Browser is what I reach out to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • mscloutier
I am using the browser and saving to home screen more and more rather than use apps. I will often download the Android app and try it, then see what the browser experience is. I use the one with the most benefit. It is surprising how many times the browser experience is quicker than the app.

[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • veeru789
(12-04-2016, 01:11 AM)newcollector Wrote: I am using the browser and saving to home screen more and more rather than use apps. I will often download the Android app and try it, then see what the browser experience is. I use the one with the most benefit. It is surprising how many times the browser experience is quicker than the app.

I'm noticing more and more websites using mobile-optimized websites instead of apps. For the user, that's the best way to go. If content producers forego apps in favour of mobile-optimized sites, then that will make app stores much less of an issue when choosing a platform, which in turn gives users more choices of mobile platforms and phones.

If app selection was not an issue, we would see iOS's market share plummet even further and BlackBerry's market share go up.
[-] The following 2 users Like bartron's post:
  • mscloutier, veeru789
It's nice to see that at least one of my predictions has come true. :-D
[-] The following 2 users Like bartron's post:
  • Brad, newcollector
Some really great comments above.
The perceived notion of more apps means a better device is laughable.
When I'm choosing a device, the app store is at the very bottom of my check list. I prefer a robust OS, built in functionality, durability, etc etc, and a Company with ethics.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • newcollector
People would just buy a low cost pos android if they were cheaping out... BlackBerry couldn't compete with that. Not while retaining a rep for a quality product

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • veeru789