Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leap Running Android
With all that's going on regarding app availability, such as Facebook and WhatsApp, I've decided that my next BlackBerry phone will be the Priv. I'll likely get it at the end of this year, when I expect a price drop or promo.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Actually good input mentioning CDMA, how else could you say you would buy a Leap Android if it isn't available at carriers like Verizon.

(06-04-2016, 06:19 PM)veeru789 Wrote: LOL... i think the question is whether it should be android not gsm or cdma ;)
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(08-04-2016, 12:04 AM)SipoKapumba Wrote: With all that's going on regarding app availability, such as Facebook and WhatsApp, I've decided that my next BlackBerry phone will be the Priv. I'll likely get it at the end of this year, when I expect a price drop or promo.

so you are adamant to give away your privacy to those companies. :p
I am totally resigned to that fate, believing that they are not doing anything illegal.
Sent from the Tapatalk universal Windows App installed on my Lenovo G50 Windows 10 laptop
[-] The following 1 user Likes SipoKapumba's post:
  • newcollector
I am beginning to agree with Sipo. My wife bought me MLB Premium. That includes the AtBat app which is not available for BlackBerry. The android version runs, sort of. I don't get video, which is the whole point of the purchase.

I don't want to learn a new OS, but this is just one example of many that causes people to leave the great BlackBerry OS and go rogue. At least I will still be in BlackBerry's corner by purchasing the Priv. And let's face it, BlackBerry is doing a great job of securing it and making it more of a true hybrid.
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • Brad, SipoKapumba
So, BlackBerry Priv?! LOL
The diehard BlackBerry community, myself included, should smell the coffee and start getting ready for the inevitable... fewer and fewer native OS 10 app. However, if BlackBerry can improve the way Android apps run on BB10, there might still be hope for BB10.
I now own two of the best BlackBerries available, the Z30 and the Passport. It is just practical or logical for me to own the first BlackBerry running Android and benefit from the huge app catalogue available in the Google App Store or whatever they call it.

Just one major update with OS 10.3.3 and you're all chuffed with your speculations.

Apparently, the latest Snap version will make its way to the next 2 updates. LOL
Sorry boys, but I'm a BlackBerry warrior.

I will soldier on until the last BlackBerry 10 device stops functioning. Until then, I'll be fighting.

And I haven't heard John Chen say, "quit it".

Winners never quit. Quitters never use a BlackBerry! LOL
[-] The following 2 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • mscloutier, veeru789
Let's get one thing straight, the Priv is a BlackBerry. People don't need to feel like they have to justify getting it. Getting a Priv is supporting BlackBerry, and right now, it's supporting BlackBerry in a fairly major way

I've got to say I forced myself to use my Priv. I gave in to the darkside and used Google apps. I can tell you it's a great phone. There are definite wins over BB10 and definite losses.

Obviously, the wins have to do with apps. Now, I'm not missing any apps on my Passport and Classic. Everything I need is there or able to grab an apk, but some apps really do work better on the Priv. Honestly, at this point, I'd rather do most UTB things on the Priv.

But what you're giving up is something I'm not willing or able to give up. Communication. BlackBerry did great with the hub, but it's not the same. And Android notifications are a mess. I never missed a message, BBM, or email with BB10. I have with Priv. A lot. The very thing I make fun of other platformers for, I find myself doing on Priv.

Some people may need certain apps for work. They may actually need a Facebook app (can't imagine why). For those people, the Priv would be the best phone for them. Some people, like me, need to be immediate in their communications, and nothing beats BB10 for that.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • Wayno