Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best apps users have found for the priv?
ok, so a little over a month of owning the priv my biggest complaint is apps, having to have an app to do this or that, photos, the google photos app sucks., i have found one that actually is pretty good kinda sorta similar to BB10, cant really compare the 2 as the BB native app is so damn easy to navigate, this one is as easy "piktures" , another thing i find the android lacks is a native file manager, linux has one why not android? most i tried remind me of the linux type file manager, not a real big fan of a computer software version on a phone, i did happen upon one called file manager, it has a nice icon type layout, i really have'nt had time to go through the billions (seems like that many) of apps for simple things i have taken for granted with BB10, i really am trying to get used to the android system, these apps help take some of the frustration out of using the priv, if any other user have other apps they recomend please share thanks
[-] The following 2 users Like DW44's post:
  • james pisano, mscloutier
I have found a few apps, mainly to keep away from Google apps as much as possible. 99% of my Google apps have been disabled. I use Textra for SMS/MMS, A+ Gallery for photos and videos, I use Solid Explorer (with USB OTG plug in added) and File Manager, Dolphin Browser, DuckDuckGo as search engine, Navigator for maps, and WeatherZone
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wayno's post:
  • james pisano
links pls
Use Firefox browser. File Manager HD.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Looking forward to more input on this thread! Will have my Priv tomorrow and will also need suggestions!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Cool James!!!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • james pisano
Got it! So exciting! Got lots of work to do, but this is too much fun!!!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • Brad
I use BeWeather Pro as my go to weather. Had it on the BB10 and old BBOS. File manager by Asus is good. I really like Nova Launcher Prime.

If you do a lot of driving, MileIQ is a nice mileage tracking app. Music app for me is the simple to use BlackPlayer.

For soccer scores and news, FotMob is the best as far as I am concerned. Also Fox Sports Go and NBC Sports are good to watch events on the go.

If you are a baseball fan, MLB AtBat is great. We'll worth the expense.

PrinterShare works really great for printing to all kinds of Printer thru WiFi or bluetooth straight from the phone. Very easy to use.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • james pisano
(30-12-2016, 05:36 AM)newcollector Wrote: I use BeWeather Pro as my go to weather. Had it on the BB10 and old BBOS. File manager by Asus is good. I really like Nova Launcher Prime.

If you do a lot of driving, MileIQ is a nice mileage tracking app. Music app for me is the simple to use BlackPlayer.

For soccer scores and news, FotMob is the best as far as I am concerned. Also Fox Sports Go and NBC Sports are good to watch events on the go.

If you are a baseball fan, MLB AtBat is great. We'll worth the expense.

PrinterShare works really great for printing to all kinds of Printer thru WiFi or bluetooth straight from the phone. Very easy to use.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
Very cool ideas.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk