Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galaxy S6 Edge camera vs BlackBerry Z30
I was out for dinner with my wife and a visitor from Nigeria, who we decided to show a bit of Lusaka, our capital. When leaving, we decided to take photos with our cameras. To be honest, my Z30 was out performed by the Galaxy S6 Edge. It was quick to focus and took very clear, night photos, without even fiddling for the night time setting. I was embarrassed by this. It was only on the next day that I realised that I might have taken better night photos if I had activated the night mode. But then, how did the Samsung manage?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
First and foremost, their cameras are not on the same level. So I'm not expecting the Z30 to "win".

But just as what I've said in the other thread, if you know how to take pictures no matter what the gadget is, it will almost always give you better results.

Taking pictures is not about speed (all the time). It's about the right timing, proper lighting, right subject and a creative mind to produce good pictures.

Mind you, I can take good pictures on my Bold 9900's 5MP on a good day. :-)

If you've pitted the Priv's camera vs the S6 Edge....hmmm, that's a way different story. LOL
[-] The following 2 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • Fayzul, veeru789
I'm a complete amateur, so, I depend on the phone's built-in software and hardware to do all the hard work. Is that not why the iPhone is famous? Apparently, it takes good photos.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Well apparently my Z30 can also take good pictures. LOL

And I compared the pics taken from my Z30 (still on 10.2.xxxx OS) vs. my wife's iPhone 6, the iPhone 6's pics were grainy when I transferred it to my Z30.
I've never had any serious issue with the camera on my device's of late. The Z30 and Passport take good pics. But then, I'm not expecting my phone to take great pics. If I want to take amazing pics, I'll get a dedicated digital camera and take some lessons. In the meanwhile, if you want to get better, check out the photography channels on BBM.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • mscloutier
(25-03-2016, 09:46 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: I'm a complete amateur, so, I depend on the phone's built-in software and hardware to do all the hard work. Is that not why the iPhone is famous? Apparently, it takes good photos.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

If that was true, Tim Cook wouldn't have tweeted that horrible pic from super bowl. In my experience, the iPhone shoots brighter pics. Not necessarily better. Like Hyman said, it depends on the person. Also each phone is designed in a way with certain priorities. Maybe Samsung auto adjusts to nigt mode. But BlackBerry excels in other areas. What important to you is what matters. Don't see why you should be embarrassed.
I found that whatever phone (Android of some sort) my buddy was using at an indoor auto show took better pictures than my Classic did due to the fluorescent lighting .
A few weeks later when we were out in the woods, my Classic blew his phone out of the water for pics.

If I can't get the shot that I had planned in my head, 90% of the time I can get it using the photo editor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trev's post:
  • Schmurf.
I think our BB10 camera software could use some tweaking but I've found locking the focus to be great for night shots.

Click a dark or bright spot in the frame that gives you the focus or exposure you want and hold there to lock the camera.

The attached photos are taken at the same time just with different areas locked.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like m3mb3rsh1p's post:
  • mscloutier, veeru789
Great tip!
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Taken with my Z30. (unedited)

Zoom it in to see the picture's detail. The more you zoom it in, the more it gets better. :-)

It doesn't need a S6 camera to do that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • m3mb3rsh1p, mscloutier, veeru789