Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BB10 on Priv?
Now that we have autoloaders for the Priv, will it be possible to load BB10 (the passport versions as they are similar with touch capacitive keyboards) on to the priv?

also it is now proved that reloading and security wipe are two entirely different things. or achieve different goals.
Now that we have autoloaders for the Priv, will it be possible to load BB10 (the passport versions as they are similar with touch capacitive keyboards) on to the priv?

That would be interesting!
I believe the drivers are different. Also, would the hardware block this as far as root access/secure boot?
Most likely. Some interesting articles about how much hardware would have to be changed on Priv to run BB10.
Will post link if I can find them again.

(15-03-2016, 07:08 PM)Wayno Wrote: I believe the drivers are different. Also, would the hardware block this as far as root access/secure boot?
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Not possible at all for BB10 to be loaded on. And it doesn't prove that wipe (which is a FACTORY RESET) and reload are different. Security wipe keeps you on the same OS, these autoloaders will allow you to go back one OS as they are all from February.
thanks for following me around with your comments.
The tin foil hat guy in me thinks that internally, BB has tested BB10 on Priv hardware, and Android on Passport hardware.
The realist in me thinks neither will ever be released.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(16-03-2016, 02:04 PM)Canuckvoip Wrote: The tin foil hat guy in me thinks that internally, BB has tested BB10 on Priv hardware, and Android on Passport hardware.
The realist in me thinks neither will ever be released.
Well duh. Lol!

That's not tinfoil hat. :) and I agree with your final thought as well

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Ok, a slight bit of cleanup.

To be clear, a wipe and reload are obviously two different things, and we now have the option to do both. I know there is a lot of disagreement as to what the actual difference is as far as what they accomplish, and I'm not comfortable enough in my own thoughts to argue that they're right. So I'm going to find out. And once I do, I'll report it here.

Now back on topic, as long as we can do it politely.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Spoken*: Hi television neighbor, I'm glad we're together again....
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...