Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBM vs WhatsApp Comparison
Hello all, I'm going to make new Updated BBM Vs WhatsApp comparison.

I Need your help for facts of features.

I got all the main ones but i need the ones that make the difference

Thanks For your Help
No help, never used Whatsapp. Good Luck!
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(29-02-2016, 04:15 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: No help, never used Whatsapp. Good Luck!

Real...Thanks
[-] The following 1 user Likes SimpleBerryRoy's post:
  • DickLewis13
(29-02-2016, 04:01 AM)SimpleBerryRoy Wrote: Hello all, I'm going to make new Updated BBM Vs WhatsApp comparison.

I Need your help for facts of features.

I got all the main ones but i need the ones that make the difference

Thanks For your Help

Wish I could help, I'm all BBM or nothing.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

I try, Roy, but it doesn't always work. :)

(29-02-2016, 05:15 AM)SimpleBerryRoy Wrote: Real...Thanks
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Roy, i think that would be a great post. here are my likes and dislikes

1. First and foremost, whatsapp uses numbers and as a result theres lot of spam. thanks to apps like truecaller and other datamining apps, your number is everywhere. i get added to random groups from random countries for stock tips, to marketing messages. i keep blocking them but new ones keep poping up. and the worst part is i cant reject the group. i get added automatically and i have to go in to the app and leave the group. while BBM gives the option to add or reject.

2. to view a photo i need to download it. i like keeping my folders clean. so every week, its a routine excercise to clear unwanted to photos and videos. BBM only opens the pic. i can save it if i want to.

3. Groups: BBM has calendar and list integration which makes it much more than just a chat app. the seperate section for Pics also makes it easy to go back in timeline to see what pics have been posted and comments have been made. in whatsapp they are just lost in the time line and no way to comment on the pcis.

4. BBM video with screen share. although only for BlackBerry devices, its a great feature.

5. Retracting messages: many a times we send wrong messages/photos to wrong people. retracting is a great feature for those odd moments.

6. timed messages : although dont use it much, its a great feature for people who snapchat. and best part is sender is notified when screen shots are taken.

7. Private chat : this for me stands out as certain discussions need to be kept private. a sensitive business discussion or plain personal chat.

8. Status update : not only can one update status, the app also shows the time zone in which the user is currently (optional of course)

9. i didnt see the option to send files (word, pdf, excell) in whatsapp. im not sure if im missing something. its just pics and videos.

10. multiperson chats: whatsapp groups are nothing but multiperson chats on BBM. and with latest update, one can set chat subject to multiperson chats in BBM.

11. channels. nice integration to make BBM more than just a chat app.

12. Last but not least, peace of mind. a company and app i can trust to keep my private conversations secured.
[-] The following 6 users Like veeru789's post:
  • Brad, HYMAN, mscloutier, newcollector, Ninja, Robert
Thanks. I will use it

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Roy, one thing i forgot. BBM groups need video sharing capability. thats the only disadvantage i see.
(29-02-2016, 01:00 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Roy, i think that would be a great post. here are my likes and dislikes

1. First and foremost, whatsapp uses numbers and as a result theres lot of spam. thanks to apps like truecaller and other datamining apps, your number is everywhere. i get added to random groups from random countries for stock tips, to marketing messages. i keep blocking them but new ones keep poping up. and the worst part is i cant reject the group. i get added automatically and i have to go in to the app and leave the group. while BBM gives the option to add or reject.

2. to view a photo i need to download it. i like keeping my folders clean. so every week, its a routine excercise to clear unwanted to photos and videos. BBM only opens the pic. i can save it if i want to.

3. Groups: BBM has calendar and list integration which makes it much more than just a chat app. the seperate section for Pics also makes it easy to go back in timeline to see what pics have been posted and comments have been made. in whatsapp they are just lost in the time line and no way to comment on the pcis.

4. BBM video with screen share. although only for BlackBerry devices, its a great feature.

5. Retracting messages: many a times we send wrong messages/photos to wrong people. retracting is a great feature for those odd moments.

6. timed messages : although dont use it much, its a great feature for people who snapchat. and best part is sender is notified when screen shots are taken.

7. Private chat : this for me stands out as certain discussions need to be kept private. a sensitive business discussion or plain personal chat.

8. Status update : not only can one update status, the app also shows the time zone in which the user is currently (optional of course)

9. i didnt see the option to send files (word, pdf, excell) in whatsapp. im not sure if im missing something. its just pics and videos.

10. multiperson chats: whatsapp groups are nothing but multiperson chats on BBM. and with latest update, one can set chat subject to multiperson chats in BBM.

11. channels. nice integration to make BBM more than just a chat app.

12. Last but not least, peace of mind. a company and app i can trust to keep my private conversations secured.

Spot on. Very well said. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • veeru789
Wow Veeru!! Excellent comparison!
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • veeru789