Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah Baby!
(25-03-2016, 09:34 PM)newcollector Wrote: Check out how much your display is on in BVE. The more the display is on, the heavier the usage. If you do a lot of reading on the Web, then you can fall into the heavy use group. Two main factors for battery life depends on use, and strength of signal (both network and wifi).

Screen and signal strength as well. The Passport's screen is 1440 x1440 is twice HD. Signal strength via its Paratek Antenna, the more it finds good signal (strength), the more it drinks up juice.

I don't have issues with my Passport SE's screen and signal strength.

(Off topic: Mind you, my Z30s screens are both on 0% and still bright enough for my viewing needs. :-) )
(25-03-2016, 10:14 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Screen and signal strength as well. The Passport's screen is 1440 x1440 is twice HD. Signal strength via its Paratek Antenna, the more it finds good signal (strength), the more it drinks up juice.

I don't have issues with my Passport SE's screen and signal strength.

(Off topic: Mind you, my Z30s screens are both on 0% and still bright enough for my viewing needs. :-) )

I find the better the signal strength I get, the better the battery life. The odd time I'm in an area with poor coverage it drains my battery trying to connect.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Normal. Remember analog signals? Sluuuurp!

(25-03-2016, 11:32 PM)mscloutier Wrote: I find the better the signal strength I get, the better the battery life. The odd time I'm in an area with poor coverage it drains my battery trying to connect.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
The display is always on the highest side of the graph. I wish there was some way we could control the power that display uses up. Lol. I have kind of noticed that the screen on time, if high, slurps the battery within no time. Anyways thanks for your input. I will just check if my passport improves with time. And I just hope 10.3.3 is on its way to the passport within a weeks time!
(26-03-2016, 12:31 PM)Farzeen_Rashid Wrote: The display is always on the highest side of the graph. I wish there was some way we could control the power that display uses up. Lol. I have kind of noticed that the screen on time, if high, slurps the battery within no time. Anyways thanks for your input. I will just check if my passport improves with time. And I just hope 10.3.3 is on its way to the passport within a weeks time!

You can adjust your screen brightness manually according to your preference. Yes, because it's twice HD, screen on time will drink up juice the longer you use it.

But don't get too worried, BlackBerry devices are designed to be used and abused. I remember my devices battery play up when I don't use them. As if they've got a mind of their own, begging me to use them all the time. :-)
[-] The following 2 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • mscloutier, Schmurf.
Just to check, when I use my passport for half an hour or so by viewing messages or chatting continously, it consumes about 10% of charge. Is that normal?
(26-03-2016, 05:48 PM)Farzeen_Rashid Wrote: Just to check, when I use my passport for half an hour or so by viewing messages or chatting continously, it consumes about 10% of charge. Is that normal?

Yup. Even on a Z30 it happens. The first 10% is like a de facto charge. But when it goes down to 85% below, the juice doesn't go down as fast as the first 10%.

Mind you even on 0% juice, you can still run YouTube videos. I've tried it. :-)
I don't let mine get down that far, I don't believe it's good for the battery to do that. But sometimes it is necessary.
(26-03-2016, 09:39 PM)Wayno Wrote: I don't let mine get down that far, I don't believe it's good for the battery to do that. But sometimes it is necessary.

Same here Wayno, I usaully charge my BlackBerrys once they're around 30%
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Hey thanks mate, you said the right thing, upto 85 % the charge goes down quick. But after that it doesn't go down like the first 10%. Finally I am happy to know that my passport battery is just normal, thanks for ins tilling that confidence in me :)