Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need tips on how to get good photos with the Passport
just play around with the settings. trial and error. it depends on how you use it. like some people use night mode, etc....i just click.
(22-02-2016, 02:02 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Sipo, if the camera fails to auto focus sometimes, hold the click button on screen for few seconds and it will focus. the space bar also can be used to click photos instead of on screen button.
Great tip. I'll try it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(23-02-2016, 01:58 PM)Soul_Est Wrote: You could also make use of Camera++ which you can buy in BlackBerry World. This however will allow for better control once you have learned to see (compose) properly.
For a photography idiot like me, Camera++ might be an over kill. Auto focus was invented for people like me.

You should shoot in 4:3 because that's the aspect ratio of the camera's sensor. When you shoot in 16:9 or 1:1, the camera takes a 4:3 photo and simply cuts off part of the photo so that it becomes 16:9 or 1:1.
Interesting Tip Bartron. i will check out the 4:3 aspect ratio. and probably make it default.
(26-02-2016, 06:09 AM)bartron Wrote: You should shoot in 4:3 because that's the aspect ratio of the camera's sensor. When you shoot in 16:9 or 1:1, the camera takes a 4:3 photo and simply cuts off part of the photo so that it becomes 16:9 or 1:1.

Very good tip. :-)
(26-02-2016, 06:09 AM)bartron Wrote: You should shoot in 4:3 because that's the aspect ratio of the camera's sensor. When you shoot in 16:9 or 1:1, the camera takes a 4:3 photo and simply cuts off part of the photo so that it becomes 16:9 or 1:1.
Great tip bartron. I seem to have noticed that 4:3 photos came out better.

You should be able to verify it by taking the same photo in 16:9, 1:1 and 4:3, and then comparing the file sizes. The 4:3 file should be bigger than the others. I haven't tried that verification, BTW. It's just an idea that popped into my head just now. :-)
We need to get Trev in here. He takes amazing photos