Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DON'T set your iPhone to 1 January 1970 or you'll break it
I definitely didn't try this at an Apple store today. I didn't because that would be an admission of intentionally damaging private property and also because I couldn't figure out how to change the year, just the month and day.
(01-03-2016, 07:37 AM)Trev Wrote: I definitely didn't try this at an Apple store today. I didn't because that would be an admission of intentionally damaging private property and also because I couldn't figure out how to change the year, just the month and day.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Couldn't figure out how to change the year? How's that possible. Isn't year next to month lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • Trev
(01-03-2016, 09:22 AM)veeru789 Wrote: Couldn't figure out how to change the year? How's that possible. Isn't year next to month lol
See, I understand why you might think that, because "Logic"!  However this is an iPhone, and therefor I was holding it wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trev's post:
  • mscloutier, Ninja
lmao... i will check my Moms phone today. hopefully wont brick it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • Trev
I set my Passport to 1 January 1970 and nothing happened. Once again, BlackBerry is behind the curve.
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
[-] The following 3 users Like Chaplain_Clancy's post:
  • mscloutier, Ninja, Trev
I know. They don't have that fancy retro thing like some iPhones :(
LOL..
Did you have any luck finding out how to change the year, Veeru? I think that Apple's solution was to simply remove that scroller so the user couldn't change it, preventing them from choosing something like 2015 or 2016 or 2017. Making the scroller only go back a few years and forward a decade or 2 just doesn't make sense to Apple ;)
Trev, not yet. forgot about it when i reached home. will do it today.