Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android user giving BlackBerry a try...kind of.
Found this video of an Android user, previously a Galaxy S6 Active, switching his personal device to a BlackBerry Priv (hence the "kind of").  His first impressions seemed good, but he goes over some of the old BlackBerry crap, particularly stating "there hasn't been a good camera on a BlackBerry since...blah blah blah".

Curious to see how this plays out.  Comments are, unsurprisingly, the usual "what's BlackBerry" "Thought they were dead" junk.  It is funny to see people jump to conclusions and state how terrible BlackBerry is, even though this is basically just Android.

(19-02-2016, 01:30 PM)Trev Wrote:   Comments are, unsurprisingly, the usual "what's BlackBerry" "Thought they were dead" junk.  It is funny to see people jump to conclusions and state how terrible BlackBerry is, even though this is basically just Android.

shows the herd mentality of average consumer. no wonder AAPL and GOOG are world's most valuable companies.
Obviously hasn't given it an honest try. The camera is the most bragged about part of the Priv.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Hopefully he has updated the OS. BlackBerry improved camera performance with a couple of those.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
I think apple and Google mission is to make consumers stupid and lock them with subliminal massages....

[-] The following 3 users Like SimpleBerryRoy's post:
  • fishlove73, Trev, veeru789
(20-02-2016, 12:47 AM)SimpleBerryRoy Wrote: I think apple and Google mission is to make consumers stupid and lock them with subliminal massages....

I think you are correct Roy.

I need to poster this and show to my wife that I'm finally right

[-] The following 2 users Like SimpleBerryRoy's post:
  • Brad, fishlove73
(20-02-2016, 12:47 AM)SimpleBerryRoy Wrote: I think apple and Google mission is to make consumers stupid and lock them with subliminal massages....

That has always been the way of any corporations that deal with mass consummation products.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bambinoitaliano's post:
  • SimpleBerryRoy
(19-02-2016, 10:24 PM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Obviously hasn't given it an honest try. The camera is the most bragged about part of the Priv.
This video is still just an unboxing/first impressions sort of video, granted I suspect he was biased that the camera would be of his antiquated opinion of BlackBerry camera.

I'm curious how his follow-up video will go. He was impressed with the build of the phone, from what I could tell, and seeing as he's already used Android I don't think the software will disappoint him.

Hopefully he keeps his mind open towards the Hub, I know and understand it's different than he's used to, but that doesn't need to mean it's not as good or better than what he's used to.
Trev,are you going to keep an eye out for followup videos?