Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "like new" Z30
(23-02-2016, 03:46 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: The compensation model is very interesting. I didn't realize that the salespeople may get compensated more for recommending one product over another. In my world, all that is disclosed up front and later again, ad nauseum. If a telephone store employee is paid more when they sell manufacturer A vs B, that should be disclosed as that is what is known as a conflict of interest.

Unfortunately it's a very common practice in the retail world, manufacturers and or retailers will quite often offer bonus, incentives, gift cards and spiffs to push their product. Even if the employee isn't on commission, just on an hourly wage or salary, there's money to be had chasing those spiffs.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 2 users Like mscloutier's post:
  • Brad, Schmurf.
(27-02-2016, 10:31 PM)mscloutier Wrote: Unfortunately it's a very common practice in the retail world, manufacturers and or retailers will quite often offer bonus, incentives, gift cards and spiffs to push their product. Even if the employee isn't on commission, just on an hourly wage or salary, there's money to be had chasing those spiffs.

This.. ^^^