Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it still worth it to buy a new Z10 nowadays?
(16-02-2016, 10:03 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Don't use 4G, just use 2G, 3G option and turn off data if you don't need it, and you'll be fine to last the day.

I know you know all those. :-)
Hmmmm, my 23-year-old sister-in-law, who I gave the Z10 to, is a social media addict - Facebook, WhatsApp, Insta 10, BBM, web browsing, etc. Turning off data may not be an option for her. I gave her a spare battery and the external charger. She seems sorted out :) .

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes SipoKapumba's post:
  • Fayzul
(16-02-2016, 11:22 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Hmmmm, my 23-year-old sister-in-law, who I gave the Z10 to, is a social media addict - Facebook, WhatsApp, Insta 10, BBM, web browsing, etc. Turning off data may not be an option for her. I gave her a spare battery and the external charger. She seems sorted out :) .

:-)
Actually my Z10 usually made it through most days. I found the biggest drain on my battery to be poor cell connection. Luckily with my cell provider, they have great LTE coverage in my province. That's correct, I always leave LTE, NFC and data turned on. I did experiment with only using slower/ lesser cell bands, if anything it only slowed my phone down, I never noticed any battery savings. As far as NFC goes, it only uses battery when it's actually used, not when it's in standby mode, unlike Bluetooth which does use some battery in standby mode.
And yes, I do use my phone throughout the day for a variety of things, including BBM, emails, UTB Blogs, twitter, phone calls and surfing the web...
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • Fayzul
(16-02-2016, 05:01 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Did your battery last the whole day on a single charge, or, you needed to top it up or use a spare battery?

Actually my Z10 usually made it through most days. At one point in my family, we had 4 Z10's used as daily drivers. The only one who could not make thru the day was my oldest son, which I would classify him as a true power user and abuser of his BlackBerry.

I find the biggest drain on my battery to be poor cell connection. Luckily with my cell provider, they have great LTE coverage in my province. That's correct, I always leave LTE, NFC and data turned on. I did experiment with only using slower/ lesser cell bands, if anything it only slowed my phone down, I never noticed any battery savings. As far as NFC goes, it only uses battery when it's actually used, not when it's in standby mode, unlike Bluetooth which does use some battery in standby mode.

And yes, I do use my phone throughout the day for a variety of things, including BBM, emails, UTB Blogs, twitter, phone calls and surfing the web...
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

echo? Hehe!
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
wait Z10 had LTE? i thought it was only 3G
(17-02-2016, 05:52 PM)veeru789 Wrote: wait Z10 had LTE? i thought it was only 3G

Is that a prank? Lmfao
(17-02-2016, 05:52 PM)veeru789 Wrote: wait Z10 had LTE? i thought it was only 3G

Yes it does, I also find that it has a stronger cell antenna than my Z30.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Had a Verizon Z10, def LTE. Showed as 4GLTE.

Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Z3 is I believe to be just the 3G BB10 device. And the rest are all 4G.

Although there's a Z10 model that runs on 3G & 2G only.