Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The amazing efficiency and Productivity of the Priv
Post deleted.
[-] The following 5 users Like ray689's post:
  • DickLewis13, MissoulaMarinerFan, Schmurf., undbiter65, web99
Have to agree with you first got the Priv it was a struggle and I really missed BB10 but having had it a couple of months now love the device Android no where near as good as BB10 in my mind but the Priv is such a beautiful device makes up for it

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like Hunsletjames's post:
  • , MissoulaMarinerFan, web99
Ray, nice post. I have been using a Priv as my daily driver for a month.

Unfortunately for me, my entire work group is migrating from BB10. The choices are now either ios or Android. They were prepared to dump BlackBerry completely, but I told them about the Priv and demonstrated my device. They will now offer it as an option so BlackBerry will remain within my organization as an option.

I am beginning to like Android. The one thing to realize if you are a BlackBerry 10 user is that it is very different. There are some features that are not "out of the box" such as a native file manager, but there are app solutions that can be downloaded. Presently I am using an app called "ES File Manager", which does the job. I have found solutions for the other things I used to do on my Passport.It's just a matter of learning to do things differently.

That's just my use case thought. I am not in any way saying that this device is for everyone. There is an adjustment period for those new to Android, but it is not impossible to adapt to.

Since BlackBerry is now making an Android device, there should be room for those who like it as well so those who are fans of BB10. Those that are buying and using the Priv are still supporting BlackBerry.

Overall I think it is a great device and I have retained my productivity by using it.
Posted via my BlackBerry Priv.
[-] The following 3 users Like web99's post:
  • , MissoulaMarinerFan, Schmurf.
The only people that will agree with you are those that have no choice but to use Android. I don't care what arguments you use to try and justify or convince people that Android is a better OS everyone sees right through your motives. You can't totally badmouth and lay down facts in one direction (android) then come back a few months later with a total different f viewpoint....the only difference being that you are forced to use the inferior OS. Your arguments are sounding a lot like you are trying to convince yourself.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
Post deleted
[-] The following 1 user Likes ray689's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(10-02-2016, 02:53 AM)Nnik Wrote: The only people that will agree with you are those that have no choice but to use Android. I don't care what arguments you use to try and justify or convince people that Android is a better OS everyone sees right through your motives. You can't totally badmouth and lay down facts in one direction (android) then come back a few months later with a total different f viewpoint....the only difference being that you are forced to use the inferior OS. Your arguments are sounding a lot like you are trying to convince yourself.

Lmao. I've read just about every post Ray has made. Not at all what's happening. It seems you, and all the other posters who single-mindedly bash the Priv, want to say goodbye to the handset division. It's insane how defensive you get when someone mentions that BlackBerry, the king of productiveness, actually made a productive device. It's mind boggling.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes undbiter65's post:
  •
Not assuming anything, I owned a Priv and if you like Android go ahead and buy one. Why would we say bye to handsets? Where'd that come from? Seeing things that aren't there maybe? Like I said, I owned a Priv, it's not much different from any other Andriod which is why Android users love it. I prefer the superior functionality of BB10... which BTW is not going away.

(10-02-2016, 03:22 AM)Nnik Wrote: Not assuming anything, I owned a Priv and if you like Android go ahead and buy one. Why would we say bye to handsets? Where'd that come from? Seeing things that aren't there maybe? Like I said, I owned a Priv, it's not much different from any other Andriod which is why Android users love it. I prefer the superior functionality of BB10... which BTW is not going away.

Well that post flew by your head
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
(10-02-2016, 02:53 AM)Nnik Wrote: The only people that will agree with you are those that have no choice but to use Android. I don't care what arguments you use to try and justify or convince people that Android is a better OS everyone sees right through your motives. You can't totally badmouth and lay down facts in one direction (android) then come back a few months later with a total different f viewpoint....the only difference being that you are forced to use the inferior OS. Your arguments are sounding a lot like you are trying to convince yourself.

Nik, this is not US (Android) vs Them (BB10) argument as you are seeking to portray. There are advantages and disadvantages of any OS out there. As I mentioned in my post, each usecase is different according to the individual. Both OS can co-exist in my opinion.

In my case, I originally bought the Priv out of my own interest. It was only later that my workplace policy changed to ios or Android. I was not forced to go Android as I already owned my own device.
Posted via my BlackBerry Priv.
[-] The following 2 users Like web99's post:
  • , undbiter65
Post deleted