Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry Passport's battery life
So much better now that there are no Android Apps on there. I also don't use the cellular radio any more.
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
Though Android apps do run very well on the Passport, there usually is a price to pay. It's just whether one is willing to pay the price or not. It is interesting that some of the popular Android apps seem to cause extra drain on the battery. I wonder if it is due to all the permissions that they seem to require to run and the potential of data mining? Things that make you go Hmmmmm! :D
(11-05-2016, 09:24 PM)newcollector Wrote: I wonder if it is due to all the permissions that they seem to require to run and the potential of data mining?

That's my guess.
One thing I have found is that after you re-start your device, you should go to the app manager and close any apps that are up and running because the restart woke them up. I find that the two general culprits are headless BB10 apps that I am trying out, but don't want on all the time, and Android apps - though not all of them. When I do that, battery life is better.
Good Point, Schmurf. I also make sure I go in and physically delete unwanted android apps from Ghost Commander and File Manager because deleting them from the screen doesn't always delete them from the device.
Actually you can delete from Device Manager, supposedly will kill the app completely, I never delete an app from the screen.
But I do have Ghost Commander.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Just to be clear, these apps I'm stopping are ones that I still want on my device, just not running headless at the moment.