Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tap to wake on Passport
(08-02-2016, 02:20 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: Sipo, Wayno, I find that if you are holding the device in your hand, it's only one swipe, when it's lying on the table, it can take a few. I suspect it has to do with the ergonomics of holding it in your hand and the slight pushback your hand gives when holding it and swiping it.
Interesting observation Schmurf. It does not bother me so much that I have to swipe several times to wake it up, especially when it is lying on a flat surface.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(08-02-2016, 02:20 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: Sipo, Wayno, I find that if you are holding the device in your hand, it's only one swipe, when it's lying on the table, it can take a few. I suspect it has to do with the ergonomics of holding it in your hand and the slight pushback your hand gives when holding it and swiping it.

It's mostly always in my hand when I swipe
(07-02-2016, 06:49 PM)Wayno Wrote: I haven't had it in my pocket yet, but a double tap in the pocket of pants? Whack, whack, now what could cause that???

It doesn't have to be double whack whack lol. Often I have seen the lock screen activated when in pocket. Due to swipe to wake I guess.
(08-02-2016, 06:46 PM)veeru789 Wrote: It doesn't have to be double whack whack lol. Often I have seen the lock screen activated when in pocket. Due to swipe to wake I guess.
I realised this morning that I have advanced interactions switched on. For example, I have set my phone to wake up when picked up. That might explain why swiping the screen to wake up is not responding immediately. The pick up to wake up, on the other hand, is swift.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(08-02-2016, 05:40 PM)Wayno Wrote: It's mostly always in my hand when I swipe

Wayno, you mentioned you use a screen protector, I'm wondering if this might cause the issues you have encountered? I use swipe to wake on all of my BlackBerry's and find it to be very responsive.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Screen protector does not interfere in any way.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
i dont have any issues with swipe to wake. once in a wihile it misses but not a regular phenomenon.