Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the statement made by BlackBerry Executive in India true?
Is this true guys? Or just another misinterpreted statement?

http://rapidmobile.biz/blackberry/opinio...erry-exec/

“The PRIV device is essentially our transition to Android ecosystem. As we secure Android, over a period of time, we would not have two platforms, and may have only Android as a platform [for smartphones],” 

BlackBerry India Managing Director Narendra Nayak and Damian Tay ‎Senior Director, Asia-Pacific Product Management.
(29-01-2016, 03:06 PM)Fayzul Wrote: Is this true guys? Or just another misinterpreted statement?

http://rapidmobile.biz/blackberry/opinio...erry-exec/

“The PRIV device is essentially our transition to Android ecosystem. As we secure Android, over a period of time, we would not have two platforms, and may have only Android as a platform [for smartphones],” 

BlackBerry India Managing Director Narendra Nayak and Damian Tay ‎Senior Director, Asia-Pacific Product Management.
It sounds much like what Chen has said in the past. Again, he's just voicing different options. He's not laying out plans.

I take it more as an answer to shareholders asking for answers. However, we also know that Chen WANTS to continue BB10, and android hasn't received any certifications yet, while BB10 is about to get more.

Provided the Priv sales well and the device business hits profitability, I'm not worried about the future of BB10

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
[-] The following 4 users Like Brad's post:
  • bartron, Fayzul, fishlove73, HYMAN
It's a statement overly rehashed for the longest time I think.
I think it's kind of a "click bait" agenda for the Priv, so people would buy it. It has launched in India I believe just yesterday or the other day.
But BB10 is here to stay, as per JC's statement. I would believe more on JC's.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • Fayzul
I hope you're right guys... in Malaysia BlackBerry support is next to none existence. BlackBerry just reduce staffing at their office here to 2. One handle admin and the other enterprise :(
(29-01-2016, 05:01 PM)Fayzul Wrote: I hope you're right guys... in Malaysia BlackBerry support is next to none existence. BlackBerry just reduce staffing at their office here to 2. One handle admin and the other enterprise :(

After five years of reading and listening to many detractors about BlackBerry, I stop letting these so call regurgitated and recycle 'news' bother me. Is there any truth to some of this news? Maybe , maybe not. All I know is I like my BlackBerry devices.The negative rumors does not change my user experience. They do not stop working because of an impending end of hardware development as speculate by others. I feel safe, secure with my BlackBerry devices, that's all that matters to me. The androids and ios can "reinvent" the same phone over and over again. My Passport is as advance and steady as any communication device in the market. It's exhausting to be jerk around by gossipers. And there are plenty of them in the internet. Many of them supposedly belong to reputable media conglomerate. If I wake up tomorrow and BlackBerry abandon all hardware division, I'm still good with BlackBerry. I still have a few good years with my Passport should that be the last BB10 device the company ever make. I might even buy a couple more just to last me a bit longer. The bottom line is a phone is a communication device for me the user. Not a portal for others to invade my privacy, collect my data, selling my information and treat me like their property to buy and sell.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
[-] The following 4 users Like bambinoitaliano's post:
  • Fayzul, fishlove73, HYMAN, Schmurf.
When Blackberry stops making BB10 devices, expect it to sell like Classic cars. LOL

So from now on, scour the Internet look for bargain BB10 devices, ask friends if they're selling their well kept and looked after BB10 devices and ask for a friendly price.

The BB10 OS is just so advance that every day people just can't keep up and can't understand how to use it. It’s been said over and over again. But rumours are rumours, it won't stop because someone is fanning it to work for BlackBerry’s competitor, (directly and indirectly)...iOS, Android and WP.

So if I were you, as Bambinoitaliano have said it very well, I'd rather trust my instincts and continue using BlackBerry until it dies on me and you.. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • Fayzul
Hahaha... same here guys :p even with the impending death rumours of BB10 I'm still scouring for BB10 phones bargains to increase my collection :)

I bought my Red Passport 2nd hand for only USD285. I'm currently eyeing a new Z10 for only USD143 :p

BB10 OS is the most advanced! It probably can goes on even without update for a couple of years and the rivals still wouldn't be able to overtake :)

I doubt even BlackBerry will be able to fix Android in that time :p
I believe Mark Twain said it best with "the rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated.". Of course he probably spelled rumours with only one 'u'.
TBH, I don't know what to make of these articles. BlackBerry should rebute them if they are not true. It's just hurting the brand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • Fayzul
(30-01-2016, 02:56 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: After five years of reading and listening to many detractors about BlackBerry, I stop letting these so call regurgitated and recycle 'news' bother me. Is there any truth to some of this news? Maybe , maybe not. All I know is I like my BlackBerry devices.The negative rumors does not change my user experience. They do not stop working because of an impending end of hardware development as speculate by others. I feel safe, secure with my BlackBerry devices, that's all that matters to me. The androids and ios can "reinvent" the same phone over and over again. My Passport is as advance and steady as any communication device in the market. It's exhausting to be jerk around by gossipers. And there are plenty of them in the internet. Many of them supposedly belong to reputable media conglomerate. If I wake up tomorrow and BlackBerry abandon all hardware division, I'm still good with BlackBerry. I still have a few good years with my Passport should that be the last BB10 device the company ever make. I might even buy a couple more just to last me a bit longer. The bottom line is a phone is a communication device for me the user. Not a portal for others to invade my privacy, collect my data, selling my information and treat me like their property to buy and sell.
You're one pissed-off brother, Bambinoitaliano.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk