Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reinstall OS
Very well known. :)

(30-01-2016, 09:29 AM)Nnik Wrote: Being on Android too long rots your brain
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(30-01-2016, 08:51 AM)Brad Wrote: We need Robert. Lol. I look at a wipe like a reset. Nothing close to a reload.

Think of it this way, when someone has issues we can't fix, the next step is a wipe. If that doesn't fix it, then it's a wipe and reload. You've given that advice before.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

I've never actually reloaded before and never given the advise to as I haven't even done it. As DLewis said, restoring could bring back the problem but wiping goes back to factory settings. Both security wipe and reload accomplish the same thing. It's not simply at reset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ray689's post:
  • Robert
(30-01-2016, 03:03 PM)ray689 Wrote: I've never actually reloaded before and never given the advise to as I haven't even done it. As DLewis said, restoring could bring back the problem but wiping goes back to factory settings. Both security wipe and reload accomplish the same thing. It's not simply at reset.
:|

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
So the answer is you can't reload on Android. That's all I wanted to know :)
I only know BB10. Android is another glass of beer entirely.

(31-01-2016, 05:42 PM)veeru789 Wrote: So the answer is you can't reload on Android. That's all I wanted to know :)
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(31-01-2016, 05:42 PM)veeru789 Wrote: So the answer is you can't reload on Android. That's all I wanted to know :)

For what purpose? To state something inferior about the Priv even when wipe and reload accomplish the exact same thing?

It's funny, I saw another thread where someone asked about how to rearrange their icons on their home screen more efficiently. Guess what everyone's suggestions was? An APP. Just saying. It's one thing to discuss legitimate differences and what makes one better than the other, it's another to focus on every single thing possible especially when they are actually not accurate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ray689's post:
  • Schmurf.
(29-01-2016, 01:25 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Quite sure you can still downgrade OS, I've done it. Went back to Verizon official 10.3.2.858 once on the Classic.
Limitation is that you cannot go back lower than 10.3.2.500, meaning 10.3.1.xxxx is out of the question.

This
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(30-01-2016, 03:03 PM)ray689 Wrote: I've never actually reloaded before and never given the advise to as I haven't even done it. As DLewis said, restoring could bring back the problem but wiping goes back to factory settings. Both security wipe and reload accomplish the same thing. It's not simply at reset.

Security wipe and reload are almost the same. Reload would fall under using a destructive autoloader. It does a simple wipe only (this is why device passwords remain) whereas a security literally wipes the phone leaving it like when you first got it.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
As for downgrading or reloading the Priv, there aren't any files available to mess with this knid of stuff. All that is pushed monthly are updates. Reloading would be like what Ray referred to regarding the resets.
(01-02-2016, 02:44 AM)ray689 Wrote: For what purpose? To state something inferior about the Priv even when wipe and reload accomplish the exact same thing?

It's funny, I saw another thread where someone asked about how to rearrange their icons on their home screen more efficiently. Guess what everyone's suggestions was? An APP. Just saying. It's one thing to discuss legitimate differences and what makes one better than the other, it's another to focus on every single thing possible especially when they are actually not accurate.

i never said anything about inferior coz it can reload. im just curious coz i have an android Tablet. sigh.