Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching BBM on Devices
Bartron. Have you tried doing a hard reset? I find a battery pull or hard reset helps after allowing BBM to sync. It sort of ads the final touch for syncing.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • SimpleBerryRoy
Yesterday I switched BBM from my Passport to my Z10 and everything went well. I then reloaded the OS on my Passport using Link , and then restored my Passport's backup and switched BBM back to my Passport. I'm not sure why it's not synching that one group when the others synched fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bartron's post:
  • SimpleBerryRoy
Sometimes strange things happen. It doesn't make sense to us, but there is a reason. I want to know the reason when a glitch occurs, but if it can be corrected without knowing the reason, then I can live with that. Hope everything is good with BBM, bartron
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • james pisano
Since you made your post newcollector, I will say this;

I'm convinced that backing up your device via Link, affects the performance of your device. I've been having an odd HUB issue with my Z30 and I backed up the "documents and settings" only, via Link, and the problem is gone. I have NO idea why, but this is the second time this has happened, albeit with different issues.

Call me crazy, but somehow, backing up via Link impacts device performance.
So backing up via Link improves performance in some cases?
If having problems is why you wiped device, best to restore only media, saves copying over. Link can be ornery at times.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(11-05-2016, 10:39 AM)newcollector Wrote: So backing up via Link improves performance in some cases?

Newcollector. All I can do is tell you that this has been my experience. Performing a backup (not a restore) of the documents and settings and possibly the system applications seems to somehow improve performance. My HUB issue is gone.
Hehehe, all I can say is this: as much as we study and learn the ins and outs of our device, it is amazing what we doont know and are just thankful it works for us. To Link or not to Link, that is the question. To risk, to chance it, there's the rub.
Yes, but remember, most people have issues with the restore process, not the backup.
Why I said I seldom restore. Iffy at best.

(12-05-2016, 01:16 AM)james pisano Wrote: Yes, but remember, most people have issues with the restore process, not the backup.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy