Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching BBM on Devices
(27-01-2016, 05:40 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: So use minimal apps on one

^^^This. and i used to download all kind of android apps on my second phone but not much of personal data or emails. Now, i just gave up on apps. pretty useless. its just the first one or two days and then they just sit arround eating away space.
(26-01-2016, 12:49 PM)veeru789 Wrote: i would create two BBIDs and use them seperately.

Why not go for three :-)
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

(27-01-2016, 12:49 PM)veeru789 Wrote: ^^^This. and i used to download all kind of android apps on my second phone but not much of personal data or emails. Now, i just gave up on apps. pretty useless. its just the first one or two days and then they just sit arround eating away space.

I agree, most apps offer very little benefit for myself. I get by just fine with what BlackBerry has to offer right out of the box.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Hmmmm, for now I'm just not going to use BBM on the Z30 and make do without. I might create a second BBM ID, but I can’t see any real need for it.
Second BBID is quite easy. Back to Z30 for DD, but using Passport as a tablet for now, it does have a diff BBID.
Minimal apps on Passport also.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(30-01-2016, 09:34 AM)mscloutier Wrote: I agree, most apps offer very little benefit for myself. I get by just fine with what BlackBerry has to offer right out of the box.

But I do have a few apps on my dd to show it to people who think BlackBerry doesn't have apps. Although I use the browser for the same app.
switching bbid can be glitchy with groups, they often don't restore well
Lot's of good input here so far. I would just add that I switch constantly and in balance, I like having one BBID and syncing each time. If you want to chat in detail about this Schmurf, I would be happy to.

I sync the data I want over to the new device and then put the SIM in. The last thing I do is move BBM to the new device. I do this before I go to sleep and allow the device to sync all night. It takes a couple hours to sync fully due to the 8 groups I'm in. There is a difference between switching devices with BBM and restoring BBM data from Link and then switching devices. The latter allows you to keep the messaging threads you have with other users.

The above is assuming the new device is otherwise synced already in terms of email and other accounts.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
I gotta add..... the restore isn't always the same. I have run into difficulty doing things the same way but got different results.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
I switch between my Passport and Z10. I never had any problems until yesterday. One of the BBM groups I'm in hasn't fully synched up yet, after almost 12 hours. It shows up in the Groups tab in BBM, and I see one of the members, but the group's profile pic hasn't loaded, and neither have any of the other content or contacts in the group.

That's the only time I had a problem switching BBM from one BlackBerry to another.

I did notice that private chats that were started on my Passport weren't available on my Z10 and vice-versa. I assume it's because those chats are PIN-specific chats.