Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since people are upset....
I get what you mean Shmurf. I feel that too. I can't help but think it's the more streamlined and modern looking hardware and that beautiful screen. But when it comes to actual day to day use, I can't walk away from my Passport for long.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
@ray I'm getting what you're saying.... my analogy was simply to point out that ios users use the same justification to stay within the ios ecosystem

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk
But in the end one uses what device works for them...especially when they paid for it.

Sent from my STV100-1
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
[-] The following 2 users Like Robert's post:
  • fishlove73, MissoulaMarinerFan
We all have different lives and different needs. I think the Priv is an awesome device and has a kickass camera. The OS well, to me it's *****. BB10 just works better for me. I bought both of my Privs to support the brand. I carry the Priv with me and even have an active Sim in it. My daily driver will be my Passport through because after comparing both, it actually keeps up with my pace. Android didn't but it doesn't mean I don't use it. I even have it in Groups that my Passport isn't part of.

@Ray I'm really glad to see the Priv is working great for you. I remember the issues you had with your work requirements and limits.

Sent from my STV100-1
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
[-] The following 2 users Like Robert's post:
  • Brad, MissoulaMarinerFan
(25-01-2016, 12:33 PM)Robert Wrote: We all have different lives and different needs. I think the Priv is an awesome device and has a kickass camera. The OS well, to me it's *****. BB10 just works better for me. I bought both of my Privs to support the brand. I carry the Priv with me and even have an active Sim in it. My daily driver will be my Passport through because after comparing both, it actually keeps up with my pace. Android didn't but it doesn't mean I don't use it. I even have it in Groups that my Passport isn't part of.

@Ray I'm really glad to see the Priv is working great for you. I remember the issues you had with your work requirements and limits.

Sent from my STV100-1

Agreed. Thanks Robert
[-] The following 1 user Likes ray689's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
if Google drive is what your office uses, then Android is the best OS for you. for me BB10 is far superior and i dont use anything google.

Off topic; beats me why someone would go with Google spread sheets over excell and office in general. collaboration is available on onedrive too.
[-] The following 3 users Like veeru789's post:
  • Brad, fishlove73, Nnik
(25-01-2016, 02:18 PM)veeru789 Wrote: if Google drive is what your office uses, then Android is the best OS for you. for me BB10 is far superior and i dont use anything google.

Off topic; beats me why someone would go with Google spread sheets over excell and office in general. collaboration is available on onedrive too.

Not up to me to decide but I don't believe the same level of collaboration is available. As in I can type in a sheet while someone watches what I'm doing on their end. Maybe one drive does that but again not my decision.
yes Ray it does. two or even more people can work on the same sheet at the same time. i tried it with my friend and it works. and nothing beat excell when it comes to spread sheet functionality if you ask me.
(25-01-2016, 02:36 PM)veeru789 Wrote: yes Ray it does. two or even more people can work on the same sheet at the same time. i tried it with my friend and it works. and nothing beat excell when it comes to spread sheet functionality if you ask me.

Yes I agree there for sure about excel. Unfortunately a lot of third party companies we deal with who share files for collaboration are also on Google. As for avoiding Google and their data mining, I would venture to guess Microsoft is in the same boat and judging from the built in settings on Windows 10, that's pretty much confirmed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ray689's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(25-01-2016, 04:05 AM)Brad Wrote: Apparently some former UTB'ers are upset for me being less than happy with the Priv. So allow me to explain myself.

The Priv is an amazing phone. The hardware is amazing. Put it next to other android flagship phones and it will make them look like prepaid cheap phones. I know because I do this with people quite often. Lol. It's a phone you want people to look at. It's nice to see apps advertised and know that you can just grab it with no problem.

It still hasn't been rooted, which means that with BlackBerry's first try, they've done something no other android OEM has been able to do.

But here's the thing. Android is *****.

If someone is coming from Android, I can't imagine them being anything but impressed. The Android experience is better than any other android experience that I've.... experienced. Lol. But it's still an android experience.

Coming from BB10, I've got the expectation now that when I get a new phone, I can sign in to my accounts and immediately go to work. I have a few apps I use, but I really don't even need them to function throughout the day because of what's baked in to BB10.

It has not been like that with the Priv. And I have heard that I didn't provide examples, so here goes.

I don't read everything as it comes in. Yet notifications yell at me all day long if I don't. The point of notification previews is to preview so you can respond later. So stop bugging me.

It seems every time I need to do something, I need an app, and that's the biggest issue.

-edit photos like I can on BlackBerry. Need an app. (there is a photo editor, but not as user friendly as BlackBerry 10)

-edit videos, need an app.

-file manager, nuff said.

-saving things from the web. Inconsistent and where the ***** does it go???

These are basic things I do all the time, and here is where the fiddling comes in. The apps. There's tons. So many apps. So few good ones.

Photo editor. I'm sure I'm close to triple digits on the amount of photo editor apps I've tried. Still haven't found one I've liked. Good luck finding one that let's you use your whole screen because of ad.

Video editor: ridiculous. Good luck with this. And why is it I get full screen ads every time I try and save something. I've tried fewer of these than photo editors, and have given up and just use the native editor in my Passport.

File manager: I now have two on my phone. Hate them both. But I need both of them just to have the abilities I do on BB10. Surely I'll find something decent and simple someday. Everyone says ES? It's one of my two. And it sucks.

My issue with Android is I need apps now. I didn't on BB10. And the apps are plentiful... and suck. And this has nothing to do with BlackBerry. This is Google, Android, and the app store. BlackBerry is giving people what they wanted, and have done a better job than the other android makers. It's not their fault the OS sucks.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
OMG, this x's 1000%. Your so right. I have relatively recent exp. with this as my last device was an galaxy S4 before coming back to BB. I will take the liberty to add to what you said regarding Apps...they are not even laid out in an adult like fashion or grown up world..the majority of app icons have all the colors of scroogle.....like they belong in a child's learning center. Since Android is "open" there also isn't a lot of continuity amongst Apps. There are many Android Apps that don't even function on their own native OS as a result of this unchecked openess. A lot of Androidians do custom ROM's to eliminate this problem, along with getting rid of Ad's, removal of bloatware and giving themselves total control over permissions . I did it...but even after all of that, you end up with a chopped and buggie OS.

Blackberry 10 gives you soooo much out of the box. Lack of Ads, smooth UI, consistent App /OS functionality ....etc...endless

I'm glad you wrote this! Excellent work Brad.

SE Passport on tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like fishlove73's post:
  • Brad, veeru789