Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notifications on Priv
(27-01-2016, 09:05 AM)Brad Wrote: Try not responding to a notification. don't open the app. Even click the little x on the drop down. Does it keep popping?

I'm testing it right now. I'm on silent, but the preview is still popping.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

I did and no repeat notifications and the drop down banner closes when hitting the X and doesn't come back.
I know Samsung has an option for repeat notifications if you want but its just a feature they have and not Android from what I understand. I tried to search for the option where you would find it in a Samsung device just in case and it's not there. So not sure what could be happening? Could some app be causing that?
I don't want the drop down Android notifications at all. They are redundant to me. I just want hub notifications.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(27-01-2016, 01:24 PM)Canuckvoip Wrote: I don't want the drop down Android notifications at all. They are redundant to me. I just want hub notifications.

Do you mean the instant notification or the pull down menu? Right now I have an app called Heads off that suppresses instant notifications. Marshmallow does have the ability to turn them off however so wont need that app soon. But what Brad is taking about is multiple notification and tones for same message which I don't have happen.
(27-01-2016, 01:24 PM)Canuckvoip Wrote: I don't want the drop down Android notifications at all. They are redundant to me. I just want hub notifications.
Do you have the repeat notifications Dave? Any other Priv users? If Ray isn't getting them there has to be some setting somewhere. Help Mr find it! They're driving me nuts.

And not just the pop-ups, but tones as well.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Brad, we've found that if we have regular notifications going and then add hub notifications, we get one sound and then the other. It kind of makes sense, but it's also a bit annoying. I need more time to puddle with it in order to figure out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • Brad
Brad, like Schmurf said could be the hub and the app. try disabling notifications for the app that already have hub access.
Yes just as Veeru said. For example, I disabled all notification from the gmail app and now only get notifications for emails from the Hub.
But I think what Brad said is he is getting repeat notifications until he checks them which isn't just a duplicate notification if I understand correctly. Brad, what is giving you repeat notifications? Is it texts, emails, or everything?
Ray, thanks for that clarification!
(28-01-2016, 01:57 AM)ray689 Wrote: Yes just as Veeru said. For example, I disabled all notification from the gmail app and now only get notifications for emails from the Hub.
But I think what Brad said is he is getting repeat notifications until he checks them which isn't just a duplicate notification if I understand correctly. Brad, what is giving you repeat notifications? Is it texts, emails, or everything?
Exactly Ray. It's primarily BBM. But sometimes emails too if a BBM isn't the most recent. Not even sure which email address.

If I'm the only one experiencing this there's got to be a setting off somewhere. Which is weird since I haven't really messed with many settings. This is becoming frustrating. Lol

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
BBM just got updated. You can now turn on the preview/instant notification that pops down. The setting is within the app.