Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notifications on Priv
thanks ray... the sound is not what bothers me. its those pop ups from almost every app on the device.
(25-01-2016, 02:22 PM)veeru789 Wrote: thanks ray... the sound is not what bothers me. its those pop ups from almost every app on the device.

Yes that's what I'm talking about. You can block them all including sound.
As you can see.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(25-01-2016, 02:23 PM)ray689 Wrote: Yes that's what I'm talking about. You can block them all including sound.

Ohk. didnt know that. actually hardly using it for the last couple of weeks. I just use it to play one game.
(25-01-2016, 02:13 PM)ray689 Wrote: Go into settings, sounds and notifications then apps and click on the app and turn off notifications for whatever app you don't want to be notified by just like you would in BB10.
Ray, I want to be notified. I want to be notified once. Not every three minutes until I finally open the app to read it.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
(25-01-2016, 02:26 PM)ray689 Wrote: As you can see.
See the 'never'?

That's the problem.

(27-01-2016, 03:07 AM)Brad Wrote: See the 'never'?

That's the problem.

What problem? The question way about blocking notifications. Never means you don't get notifications from a particular app. Not sure what other notification issue you mean but from what I understand marshmallow has some fixes for them. In the meantime I'm sure there are apps that can help you.
(27-01-2016, 06:08 AM)ray689 Wrote: What problem? The question way about blocking notifications. Never means you don't get notifications from a particular app. Not sure what other notification issue you mean but from what I understand marshmallow has some fixes for them. In the meantime I'm sure there are apps that can help you.
The problem is when I get a message, I want to hear the notification. Once. I want to see the drop down. Once. I don't want it to keep repeating over and over until I go to the app and read it. I carry my phone on my hip. I know if I get a chirp I have a message waiting. If I get multiple chirps I think something is going on and I rush to check when perhaps I shouldn't be. Just to find one lone message that won't shut up. Or maybe I'm working on my phone and the drop down pops. I see what the message is and it's something that doesn't need immediate action. So I let it sit because what I'm doing is more important. And yet every few minutes that drop down happens again, repeating itself.

BlackBerry understands this work flow and thats how BB10 works. Android doesn't.

Turning off all notifications makes a phone basically worthless

(27-01-2016, 06:21 AM)Brad Wrote: The problem is when I get a message, I want to hear the notification. Once. I want to see the drop down. Once. I don't want it to keep repeating over and over until I go to the app and read it. I carry my phone on my hip. I know if I get a chirp I have a message waiting. If I get multiple chirps I think something is going on and I rush to check when perhaps I shouldn't be. Just to find one lone message that won't shut up. Or maybe I'm working on my phone and the drop down pops. I see what the message is and it's something that doesn't need immediate action. So I let it sit because what I'm doing is more important. And yet every few minutes that drop down happens again, repeating itself.

BlackBerry understands this work flow and thats how BB10 works. Android doesn't.

Turning off all notifications makes a phone basically worthless

I didn't say turn off notifications on a phone. I was responding to someone who thought you could not turn off an apps notifications. Secondly as I think I have mentioned before never do I get multiple notifications for something throughout the day. One notification and that is it. Only time I get a new notification is when something new comes in such as a message or whatever which is the same for every OS. Not sure what's happening with yours but it's not an issue in the device or OS normally.
(27-01-2016, 07:19 AM)ray689 Wrote: I didn't say turn off notifications on a phone. I was responding to someone who thought you could not turn off an apps notifications. Secondly as I think I have mentioned before never do I get multiple notifications for something throughout the day. One notification and that is it. Only time I get a new notification is when something new comes in such as a message or whatever which is the same for every OS. Not sure what's happening with yours but it's not an issue in the device or OS normally.
Try not responding to a notification. don't open the app. Even click the little x on the drop down. Does it keep popping?

I'm testing it right now. I'm on silent, but the preview is still popping.