Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notifications on Priv
As you may have read, my wife ditched the Nexus for the Priv (yay!).  I'm trying to set up her notifications and need some help from more experienced members.

So, in BB10, we can assign different notifications to a person for more than just the ringtone.  We can have a different notification tone for a person across phone/text/email/BBM and even have different ones for that person, depending on the means of communication.  For example, my family have songs for ringtones when they call, but all emails, BBM, and text messages from them are the same, but different than for anyone else.

However, in the Priv, I have found that I can only assign a unique notification tone to a phone call.  I can't customize notification tones for any other alert.  All those have to be the same across the board for all contacts.  Maybe I'm missing something here though.  Any suggestions or insight on this issue?
Someone else can confirm. But, I can only set a ringtone for when my missus calls me. When she sends a text message, it is the same tone as the default sms tone. Annoying really.
Sigh. Just another reason BB10 kicks @$$.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • Brad
Check custom alerts in the HUB. I haven't used it but it says something about setting different alerts for contacts or messages. If that doesn't work I'm sure there is some app similar to HUB++ that people used before BB10 had the ability. Also, the marshmallow update will fix notifications as well I'm told.
Hmmm, it only seems to work with emails. Do you eliminate notifications from Android and only use BlackBerry Hub for the notifications? I seem to be getting double notifications.
(25-01-2016, 02:28 AM)Schmurf. Wrote: Hmmm, it only seems to work with emails. Do you eliminate notifications from Android and only use BlackBerry Hub for the notifications? I seem to be getting double notifications.

I'm honestly not sure as I haven't used it but I believe your best bet might be an app similar to HUB++ on BB10 which will allow for custom notifications.
(25-01-2016, 02:28 AM)Schmurf. Wrote: Hmmm, it only seems to work with emails. Do you eliminate notifications from Android and only use BlackBerry Hub for the notifications? I seem to be getting double notifications.

Let me know if you figure this out. This is my biggest complaint. I've gone through apps and turned off notifications, then don't get hub notifications anymore. I just want to use the hub and get rid of the android notifications, but can't seem to do that. Android notifications suck. Notifications for frigging everything constantly hammering you and important stuff gets lost.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • Schmurf.
(25-01-2016, 02:41 AM)ray689 Wrote: I'm honestly not sure as I haven't used it but I believe your best bet might be an app similar to HUB++ on BB10 which will allow for custom notifications.

Ray, I'll probably be puddling away at it for a bit, so as I progress (or not), I'll let you know.
(25-01-2016, 03:20 AM)Brad Wrote: Let me know if you figure this out. This is my biggest complaint. I've gone through apps and turned off notifications, then don't get hub notifications anymore. I just want to use the hub and get rid of the android notifications, but can't seem to do that. Android notifications suck. Notifications for frigging everything constantly hammering you and important stuff gets lost.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

yup. almost every frigin app wants to notify you about something. and theres no way to turn it off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • Brad
(25-01-2016, 01:42 PM)veeru789 Wrote: yup. almost every frigin app wants to notify you about something. and theres no way to turn it off.

Go into settings, sounds and notifications then apps and click on the app and turn off notifications for whatever app you don't want to be notified by just like you would in BB10.