Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone else here a student
(20-01-2016, 11:39 PM)bnew70 Wrote: Thank you, I am studying for an honours degree in Mental Health. I was previously a sheet metal worker, but made a career change decision after the umpteenth redundancy. The original plan was to train as a paramedic, kinda skewed into Mental Health. At least I will be able to secure a bed for myself at some point :)

Slightly off topic here, but that is quite the career change! I wish you well in it. I think you made a good choice by going with mental health over paramedic. Paramedic suffer a high rate of stress and anxiety due to the type of work they do. All the best in your new career!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • bnew70
(21-01-2016, 12:33 AM)Schmurf. Wrote: Slightly off topic here, but that is quite the career change! I wish you well in it. I think you made a good choice by going with mental health over paramedic. Paramedic suffer a high rate of stress and anxiety due to the type of work they do. All the best in your new career!
Thanks, it's a bit late in the day at 45 for a career change, but fingers crossed, all goes well. Not used to all this studying lark! :)
[-] The following 2 users Like bnew70's post:
  • Brad, fishlove73
Been there, done that...still have to save up for my PhD.
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chaplain_Clancy's post:
  • fishlove73
Got my Masters a few years ago. It was intense. Promised the husband I'd wait a decade or two before pursuing a doctorate. Someday though...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes pippimarried's post:
  • fishlove73
(20-01-2016, 10:00 PM)dphjeff Wrote: I just said you have to use the school email for the discounts. Here in the states most high schools emails are .k12(state).us and college's are. edu

ah... ok. i never used those email IDs
(21-01-2016, 07:54 AM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: Been there, done that...still have to save up for my PhD.

You DO know PhD means Piled Higher and Deeper, right? ;)
  • Brad
(21-01-2016, 04:06 AM)bnew70 Wrote: Thanks, it's a bit late in the day at 45 for a career change, but fingers crossed, all goes well. Not used to all this studying lark! :)

Not really, my wife made a career change at about the same age. Went from medical secretary to OR nurse. I'm sure you'll do just fine. As for me, I'm always taking new courses. Probably start work on my next designation shortly.
  • fishlove73
(21-01-2016, 10:36 AM)pippimarried Wrote: Got my Masters a few years ago. It was intense. Promised the husband I'd wait a decade or two before pursuing a doctorate. Someday though...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

By then the kids will be gone and then you'll have time, right?
(20-01-2016, 11:39 PM)bnew70 Wrote: Thank you, I am studying for an honours degree  in Mental Health.

Uh oh...
Gotta go now...
Tounge
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • Brad
(21-01-2016, 03:16 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: You DO know PhD means Piled Higher and Deeper, right? ;)

Oh I know full well. Perhaps I should do a ThD instead. Doctorate in Theology. Theologically Higher and Deeper.
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook