Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry Android Apps
Should BlackBerry make their apps like DTEK available for regular Android users (ie: the greater unwashed) for a price, or should they keep them as exclusive for Priv owners? I don't have a Priv, so I don't know how it works, but I'd be interested in your thoughts. Annnnnd... go!
Dtek should be free and available for all android phones. Even if 1% of the androidians open their eyes to security it will benifit BBRY in a big way. Other apps like hub, calendar, etc can be paid apps for a subscription. not one time payment.
(19-01-2016, 04:16 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Dtek should be free and available for all android phones. Even if 1% of the androidians open their eyes to security it will benifit BBRY in a big way. Other apps like hub, calendar, etc can be paid apps for a subscription. not one time payment.

Google is the number 1 pain in the bum when in comes to DTEK.
(19-01-2016, 04:27 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Google is the number 1 pain in the bum when in comes to DTEK.

agree. but no matter what we say people dont understand the risk unless they see it themselfs. with Dtek constantly reminding them of whats happening, i think it will bring awarness. and hopefully some will consider BlackBerry.
Dtek is a great start. Turning on notifications might drive some people nuts though. Great that you can check it and be horrified with the info. What I want is for it to become Dtek V2 when Marshmallow comes out and let you toggle ALL the permissions right from the app.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(20-01-2016, 04:59 PM)Canuckvoip Wrote: Dtek is a great start. Turning on notifications might drive some people nuts though. Great that you can check it and be horrified with the info. What I want is for it to become Dtek V2 when Marshmallow comes out and let you toggle ALL the permissions right from the app.

I see those coming too.
(25-01-2016, 01:51 AM)ray689 Wrote: I see those coming too.
I don't see why it wouldn't happen as well. If marshmallow allows you to disable them anyway, you might as well bake it in.

Sent from my STV100-1
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(25-01-2016, 03:26 AM)Robert Wrote: I don't see why it wouldn't happen as well. If marshmallow allows you to disable them anyway, you might as well bake it in.

Sent from my STV100-1

Oh, come on now, that might make sense..