Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Fiddling?
(25-01-2016, 02:31 AM)ray689 Wrote: Yes customized notification needs work and I believe is fixed marshmallow. It did take BB10 several iterations to get that right also which is why people had to use HUB++ (Google has similar apps). As for app update notifications, they work fine for me, they do take a bit longer then simply checking Google play however that was never something that worked on BB10. It was rare to get app update notifications without having to check for updates in BBW.

Strange, I always get notifications from BBW for app updates.

And my issue isn't customized notifications, it's simply how they work in general. Just to be clear, this isn't a BlackBerry issue. It's the same thing I've always complained about in android. Just wish there was a way to only use BlackBerry's much better hub and do away with Android notifications altogether.

I'm having deja vu here

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Been using the Priv as a daily driver and I must say it worked great right out of the box. As previously stated the notifications need tweaking but otherwise it is an awesome phone. I would highly recommend it to anyone preferring a rectangular form factor.
Sent from the Best Smartphone in the World - my BlackBerry
(18-01-2016, 09:19 AM)Brad Wrote: A lot of tooling... and still not right.

Couldn't be bothered to waste my time...sent it back and bought a Leap

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
(25-01-2016, 03:24 AM)Brad Wrote: Strange, I always get notifications from BBW for app updates.

And my issue isn't customized notifications, it's simply how they work in general. Just to be clear, this isn't a BlackBerry issue. It's the same thing I've always complained about in android. Just wish there was a way to only use BlackBerry's much better hub and do away with Android notifications altogether.

I'm having deja vu here

It was rare for me that BBW sent an app update notification and if it did it was days after.

What part of the notifications if it's not custom ones do you find not up to par? The swipe down for notifications I find very handy. For example, If I get an email to my personal email and I wipe down and I see the sender is spam, can just delete it right there without even opening the hub. If the issue you have is multiple notification with email, then just turn off notification in Gmail app and problem solved.
(25-01-2016, 04:49 AM)Nnik Wrote: Couldn't be bothered to waste my time...sent it back and bought a Leap

Should have taken a few days, not as bad as you think.
I've use Android, have a Galaxy Tab, no need to figure it out... the Priv hasn't changed much to make a whole lot better. Yes, it's the best andriod experience you can get but it's still Andriod and for my DD ichoosebb10

(25-01-2016, 06:31 AM)Nnik Wrote: I've use Android, have a Galaxy Tab, no need to figure it out... the Priv hasn't changed much to make a whole lot better. Yes, it's the best andriod experience you can get but it's still Andriod and for my DD ichoosebb10

What makes it the best android experience if it's the same?
The hub. It's secure. Two biggies there.

BlackBerry keyboards. Two of them.

And quite honestly, way better hardware than I've seen on other flagships. Won't talk about processors and whatnot because I don't know much about them. But that screen! That camera! And the overall feel is quality that the other guys don't touch.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • veeru789
Hardware is the biggest reason im tempted to buy a priv
That Brad guy, is constantly getting things right
When you initially setup the device, you do have to 'work' to get it setup the way you want it. I could have sworn it took me at least two weeks to get my Priv, 'right'...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ivantwilliams's post:
  • Brad