Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Fiddling?
So, Priv owners, how much fiddling did you have to do out of the box to get your Priv working right? Was it a pretty smooth experience or did you have to tool it up a fair bit before it was useful?
Since Priv is Android, I can't believe it is not an annoying experience.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
A lot of tooling... and still not right.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Brad, sorry to hear that. I was hoping that it would have had more automatic stuff out of the box.
i have an android tab but i didnt set it up or something. of course i dont use it much but still just curiois, what setting up are you guys talking about.
What required a lot of tooling? I haven't had to alter much at all once the hub was set up. Everything seems to run smoothly and I don't actually have any need to alter anything.
I still can't get the notifications right. I get pop up notifications non stop. If I click the 'x' I'd expect it to stop. I've reacted to it and I'll deal with it when I want to. But notification just keeps popping up...er...down, non stop until I quit what I'm doing and go open the app and look at it.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing phone. Beautiful. And by far best android I've ever used.

But Android is *****. It's just ridiculous.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Haven't had an issue with the same notification popping up/down. New ones sure. I will admit notifications aren't as good as BB10 however they are fixed is marshmallow. If I recall though, prior to 10.2 there was many complaints about BB10 notifications and profiles not being up to par to BBOS.

I also wouldn't consider this a lot of fiddling or retooling for it to work properly.
Hi Ray, what I'm finding is that the "big" things work well, but the little things are off. Things like notifications of updates to apps and setting customized alerts are not easy to work with.
(25-01-2016, 02:24 AM)Schmurf. Wrote: Hi Ray, what I'm finding is that the "big" things work well, but the little things are off. Things like notifications of updates to apps and setting customized alerts are not easy to work with.

Yes customized notification needs work and I believe is fixed marshmallow. It did take BB10 several iterations to get that right also which is why people had to use HUB++ (Google has similar apps). As for app update notifications, they work fine for me, they do take a bit longer then simply checking Google play however that was never something that worked on BB10. It was rare to get app update notifications without having to check for updates in BBW.