Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full screen while Miracasting?
I hooked up my BlackBerry Passport to my 55" Samsung 4k TV last night. Does anyone know how I can make the projection full screen on my TV?
By wire or wireless?
If wireless then which app?
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
When using Miracast, I believe it uses the resolution of the phone, until you start playing a video. I'll try it out here.
Yeah, Miracast just does screen sharing. If you want to play a movie in full screen, then you have to use DLNA. For that, just connect your phone and TV to the same WiFi network. Load the video in the BB10 video player app. Tap 'Play On' in the overflow menu, wait a few seconds for the network name of your TV to show up on the phone's screen, then select it. The video will show up on your TV in a few seconds.

Alternatively, you can use your TV to get the video from your phone. Make sure the phone and TV are both connected to the same WiFi network. Press the Source button on your TV's remote. You should see the network name of your phone in the list displayed on your TV. Select your phone, and then select Videos. Browse to the video you want to play and press OK/Select. It should start playing.
[-] The following 3 users Like bartron's post:
  • Fayzul, newcollector, Wayno
Great advice Bartron, thanks!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wayno's post:
  • bartron
Anyone had success using a Google Chromecast adapter?
You should check out the article I wrote about the difference between Miracast, DLNA and WiFi Direct: http://utbblogs.com/demystified-dlna-vs-...fi-direct/ I explain what each is, how they compare to each other, and how each one should be used.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bartron's post:
  • veeru789
(16-01-2016, 09:41 AM)Wayno Wrote: Anyone had success using a Google Chromecast adapter?

On BB10 I believe it only plays Youtube vids.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(18-01-2016, 05:03 AM)bartron Wrote: You should check out the article I wrote about the difference between Miracast, DLNA and WiFi Direct: http://utbblogs.com/demystified-dlna-vs-...fi-direct/ I explain what each is, how they compare to each other, and how each one should be used.

how did i miss this article. nice post.
Thanks. :-)