Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priv meets asphalt
It finally happened. My Priv flew from my hands, hit the asphalt in the parking lot much harder than if it had simply been in freefall.

I really feel like the Priv is too thin. It feels almost fragile. I know it's a BlackBerry so it's not like an iPhone. But I also don't trust it to be as sturdy as say.... any other BlackBerry I've ever owned.

Well, here's the damage....

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Doesn't look too bad. Imagine if you had a decent case fitted?
Perhaps you need to throw it around a baseball field. Your brother doesn't play baseball by any chance?

Oooh, you could drop it 20ft down a sinkhole.

Oooh, you could smash it as hard as possible against concrete until the battery cracks and the device explodes.

If you do that, you should totally post it on YouTube. BlackBerry would love it.
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
[-] The following 2 users Like Chaplain_Clancy's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, veeru789
(06-01-2016, 10:28 AM)Wayno Wrote: Doesn't look too bad. Imagine if you had a decent case fitted?

No, as it fell I expected it to shatter. Just that little dent in the corner. BlackBerry knows what they're doing. That's for sure

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(06-01-2016, 10:31 AM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: Perhaps you need to throw it around a baseball field. Your brother doesn't play baseball by any chance?

Oooh, you could drop it 20ft down a sinkhole.

Oooh, you could smash it as hard as possible against concrete until the battery cracks and the device explodes.

If you do that, you should totally post it on YouTube. BlackBerry would love it.

Do I look like a blithering idiot?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • Schmurf.
Did you see the drop test video when the Passport came out? These guys were dropping the Passport from all sorts of heights onto asphalt and no serious damage (dents and nicks). Then they did a 20' toss and didn't catch it at the other end. Unscathed. Sexy as he11 but built like a tank!
Those scars are simply proof of a true BlackBerry device build tough and ridden hard by its user. I never make it a month before I scar mine.

[-] The following 1 user Likes pippimarried's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
wow thats one sturdy device.
Glad to see that you've christened your device without ruining it.
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less...."
[-] The following 1 user Likes kpbutton's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(06-01-2016, 10:41 AM)Brad Wrote: Do I look like a blithering idiot?

Did you seriously just walk into that one???
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
[-] The following 2 users Like Chaplain_Clancy's post:
  • Brad, Robert