Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large screen Classic
(17-12-2015, 10:11 PM)ivantwilliams Wrote: I'm curious, would you use a BlackBerry Classic, that had a screen size of a Priv, Passport or at least 5.5 - 5.7?

I think that each form factor has its own special powers. That's why we see those who love the Z30/Leap, the Classic, and the Passport. Each brings a certain edge over the others. Everyone gets to pick the edge they want. While it's nice to talk about different form factors, I think that the choices are good. I'm not sure I would want a taller Passport, for example, to accommodate the extra row of keys and the toolbelt. However I would love to assign "end call" to the Q button...
I wouldn't mind a little taller version of the Classic. Sometimes the square screen doesn't render things quite right.

I don't want it too much bigger overall though. I like the way it fits my pocket. I've never been a fan of the big screen devices. I even preferred the Z10 over the Z30 for the size reason.
I'd love to see a Classic SE, specs as well as design.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Classic form factor is just perfect for me... anything bigger you just might as well gets a Passport... Currently my main device is the Leap with Passport as my secondary device... but if I just can have only one device, I will take the Classic :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fayzul's post:
  • james pisano
For me, the Classic is all about the form factor, i.e. the toolbelt, PKB, and overall size. It's great for being on the go and one hand use. It's also easy in and out of the pocket and not too big when using a holster on your belt.

The Priv form factor is compelling though; if it had BB10 I would give it a hard look.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(13-04-2016, 09:47 PM)Fayzul Wrote: Classic form factor is just perfect for me... anything bigger you just might as well gets a Passport... Currently my main device is the Leap with Passport as my secondary device... but if I just can have only one device, I will take the Classic :)

Exactly!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
The classic form factor is too small for me. if they loose the tool belt can improve the screen real estate.
(15-04-2016, 01:47 PM)veeru789 Wrote: The classic form factor is too small for me. if they loose the tool belt can improve the screen real estate.

Hmm, I'm liking that idea, though lets take it one step further and lose the fourth row as well.
Initially when I first started using the Passport it felt odd not having the fourth row, now that I've become accustomed to the three row keyboard I believe that it is not only a more efficient keyboard layout, it is also quicker and easier to use.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Instead of the device being a large screen classic, if as mscloutier suggests, it is a three row device like the Passport, I would call it a Slim Passport.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
I like the name Slim Passport, here are a few other suggestions;

Slimport
Classport
Passclass
Classpass
Martin
BlackBerry 10