Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share your hobbies with us.
(07-12-2015, 05:04 AM)Canuckvoip Wrote: My main hobby is playing guitar and singing in a rock cover band. Here's our studio

I also love to play golf... not very well... but it's a blast.
I also recently got into RC flight and enjoying a quadcopter.

Impressive, Dave. How do you keep up? Of course, you did not mention UTBing as a hobby.
Sipo, I think you forget to write something after quoting Canuckvoip....
(07-12-2015, 08:27 AM)Observation Junkie Wrote: Sipo, I think you forget to write something after quoting Canuckvoip....

I noticed. I wonder how that happened? Could be the wine I am drinking  Hehe! .
[-] The following 1 user Likes SipoKapumba's post:
  • Schmurf.
(07-12-2015, 07:53 AM)Canuckvoip Wrote: Nothing on YouTube OJ, but we did put some crappy recordings on our Reverbnation page... https://www.reverbnation.com/Daypass

No laughing!

I'm totally loving the rendition of David Bowie "we could be heroes "

That song has always made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Love it.

Sorry to all if I've high jacked this post...
Is UTBing a hobby? It must be. I mean, my day begins with me looking at the UTB Blogs website and forums and engaging. I don't do any sports at all. I listen to the radio, mainly for news and information. I used to be an avid Short Wave listener, but with the advent of satellite TV and FM radio, I have not done that in a long time.
Just yesterday, I thought that I should sign up to a gym and start building some muscles. My 11 year-old son could be my gym partner. He needs to build enough muscle to start a manual electrical generator. He is very keen to do it, but right now, he does not have the strength. Electricity load shedding is a daily thing in Zambia since June this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like SipoKapumba's post:
  • james pisano, Trev
(07-12-2015, 08:44 AM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Is UTBing a hobby? It must be. I mean, my day begins with me looking at the UTB Blogs website and forums and engaging. I don't do any sports at all. I listen to the radio, mainly for news and information. I used to be an avid Short Wave listener, but with the advent of satellite TV and FM radio, I have not done that in a long time.
Just yesterday, I thought that I should sign up to a gym and start building some muscles. My 11 year-old son could be my gym partner. He needs to build enough muscle to start a manual electrical generator. He is very keen to do it, but right now, he does not have the strength. Electricity load shedding is a daily thing in Zambia since June this year.

Sipo, I give you total credit my friend. Well done sir. I read the passion in your words.

I'm similar to you in some aspects, UTB is also my hobby too. Last 3 years I've decided to lead a more quieter life. Days are long and at times stressful in my job. All I want to do is get home and chill, that is also at the weekends.

UTB I came across about a year ago, and only joined the forums only recently.

It keeps me occupied and busy with fellow BlackBerry friends.

Well done on your post sir
[-] The following 3 users Like Observation Junkie's post:
  • fishlove73, james pisano, Trev
UTB and BBM could be a hobby for me. No golf around here until likely April.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Wayno, nice work on the cruiser and Canuck, that's quite the studio! I'm checking out your music now!

I've always been a mobile tech enthusiast, but it turns out that tech is both pricey and changes quickly.  So I had to pick up some other ones:

Camping - I have a backpack setup where everything I need fits into a backpack and I can be gone for 2, maybe 3 days through the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Recently I upgraded to this camper for longer stays and more company (for the price of a BB Priv - I told you mobile tech was an expensive hobby!) 

Noted with the tow vehicle above, I just started dipping my toes into the offroad world.  I haven't been on anything too crazy as I mostly just go myself, so I try not to get into a situation that I can't get myself out of vs. trying an obstacle with the support of having another vehicle & extra people to help.  I've often been told to "Get Lost!" so I'm finally trying to take them up on the offer.

Needless to say, I love being outdoors and moving, traveling; seeing what the world has to offer.  I suppose this is where my appreciation of mobile tech has stemmed from. 
[-] The following 3 users Like Trev's post:
  • Brad, fishlove73, james pisano
(07-12-2015, 08:57 AM)Trev Wrote: Wayno, nice work on the cruiser and Canuck, that's quite the studio! I'm checking out your music now!

I've always been a mobile tech enthusiast, but it turns out that tech is both pricey and changes quickly.  So I had to pick up some other ones:

Camping - I have a backpack setup where everything I need fits into a backpack and I can be gone for 2, maybe 3 days through the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Recently I upgraded to this camper for longer stays and more company (for the price of a BB Priv - I told you mobile tech was an expensive hobby!) 

Noted with the tow vehicle above, I just started dipping my toes into the offroad world.  I haven't been on anything too crazy as I mostly just go myself, so I try not to get into a situation that I can't get myself out of vs. trying an obstacle with the support of having another vehicle & extra people to help.  I've often been told to "Get Lost!" so I'm finally trying to take them up on the offer.

Needless to say, I love being outdoors and moving, traveling; seeing what the world has to offer.  I suppose this is where my appreciation of mobile tech has stemmed from. 

What did he use to take those pictures? They are really crisp, and I love the use of the mid depth focus, with blurred edges.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Observation Junkie's post:
  • Trev
(07-12-2015, 09:15 AM)Observation Junkie Wrote: What did he use to take those pictures?  They are really crisp, and I love the use of the mid depth focus, with blurred edges.
Thank you!

Both were taken with a BB Classic.  The top one was edited slightly with the native photo editor, then again using PhotoBucket's editing tools.
The second one was edited only on the Classic, but I snapped it through my polarized sunglasses.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trev's post:
  • Brad, Observation Junkie