Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Free" App Advertised On TV
So here's an interesting development. Just recently I was seeing ads for some mindless game while watching TV (the Grey Cup no less!). The game is called Blossom Blast Saga. Now I'm used to seeing ads for Xbox and Playstation games, and I get that. The games are $55+ each. But this one is a free download. I wonder how many people would stop to connect the dots to figure out how the developer can afford primetime advertising on television for a product that's given away free. Would NO ONE figure out that the real price is their data and privacy? I'd be interested to find out what DTEK says about the personal data sucking that app would be doing. Anyone with a Priv want to download and report back? Fortunately it wasn't available for BlackBerry :D
I'd definitely be steering clear of that!
you'd be surprised how much money these free apps make. A friend of mine launched couple of cricket games on Android. free obviously. he makes 2-3k US$ a day on adds.
(04-12-2015, 03:16 PM)veeru789 Wrote: you'd be surprised how much money these free apps make. A friend of mine launched couple of cricket games on Android. free obviously. he makes 2-3k US$ a day on adds.

Holy crap!!! I'm in the wrong business
[-] The following 2 users Like Wayno's post:
  • pippimarried, Schmurf.
(04-12-2015, 03:16 PM)veeru789 Wrote: you'd be surprised how much money these free apps make. A friend of mine launched couple of cricket games on Android. free obviously. he makes 2-3k US$ a day on adds.

Holy crap! Why are we running a blog?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(04-12-2015, 09:38 PM)Wayno Wrote: Holy crap!!! I'm in the wrong business

No kidding! Maybe I need to get a piece of that!
(05-12-2015, 05:53 AM)Brad Wrote: Holy crap! Why are we running a blog?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

LOL... but on a serious note, if UTB picks up like CB, you can make more money than that.
That is for sure! Ads bring in lots of money, but lots of ads sometimes frustrate the user experience. Orange had an ad that would expand and cause the screen to alternately jerk making it tough to navigate. Hate that stuff! More ads are okay, just don't allow expanding ones.
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • DickLewis13, Schmurf.
(08-12-2015, 05:41 AM)newcollector Wrote: That is for sure! Ads bring in lots of money, but lots of ads sometimes frustrate the user experience. Orange had an ad that would expand and cause the screen to alternately jerk making it tough to navigate. Hate that stuff! More ads are okay, just don't allow expanding ones.

Did you use Orange and Jerk in the same sentence?
[-] The following 2 users Like Schmurf.'s post:
  • Brad, veeru789
(08-12-2015, 09:54 AM)Schmurf. Wrote: Did you use Orange and Jerk in the same sentence?

Do I get a special reward for doing that?