Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Person Of Interest
(04-12-2015, 10:17 PM)pippimarried Wrote: Love Jim Cavieziel. I think he's one of the most underrated actors out there. So glad to see him come back.

POI is fantastic. The dynamic between the main characters is intriguing and heartwarming without feeling saccharine. And I loved seeing a Whedon alum show up. Amy Acker is phenomenal.

Sent from my Passport

Jim Caviezel Is definitely awesome and agree he is underrated. However he has not been around in many high profile movies lately. Whether that's due to his agent or Jim picking and choosing scripts, or whether he is getting sent any decent offers ?
Cool show, but like in many shows that run a long time we will see iPhone replaced again by BlackBerry.....

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
Hmmmmm I love a good crime show. I just watch the first episode and wondering how did the show lasted that many seasons? Lol! Not a very good first episode impression consider it gotten quite high rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The character establishment of the two leads felt rush and disjointed. One have to suspense one's believe to buy into the characters and plot. Bruce Wayne/Dirty Harry/Jack Richer vigilante type drama. The narration of the story is quite patronizing. I'm hoping the show improve as the seasons go. Will watch a few more episodes to see if it will change my initial impression.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
(06-12-2015, 03:41 PM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: The character establishment of the two leads felt rush and disjointed. One have to suspense one's believe to buy into the characters and plot.

The narration is a bit like arrow. characters are built over time with flash backs in between. watch the atleast one season and I'm sure you will change your mind.
The show is kind of like The Blacklist. One has to accept the unlimited resources for a man like Raymond Reddington that supply villains week after week. I only wish there's a consistency in the fighting skills of John Reese and not lazily serve as a the convenience for the plot lines. Also the consistency of the story from one episode to another. Some episodes are better than the others. And the building up of the main story is drifting along.
(08-12-2015, 04:22 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: The show is kind of like The Blacklist. One has to accept the unlimited resources for a man like Raymond Reddington that supply villains week after week. I only wish there's a consistency in the fighting skills of John Reese and not lazily serve as a the convenience for the plot lines. Also the consistency of the story from one episode to another. Some episodes are better than the others. And the building up of the main story is drifting along.

IMO, POI is definitely a better show than Black list. I haven't noticed any inconsistency on John's fighting skills. Reg some episodes are better than others, happens to all series. how can all episodes be the same especially over 4 seasons with 20+ episodes.
Takes me many episodes to settle in with the premise of the show. I've been spoiled by better written series. Should have discounted when it comes to prime time network offer. It's watchable but not a recommended series on my list. Certainly I've seen worst. Extant, The Whispers, Terra Nova just to name a few. Perhaps it's a coincidence these shows are executive produce by Steven Spielberg. He should stop venturing into tv land in my opinion. But it's Christmas break in tv land, there's so many time one can recycle It's a wonderful life or A Christmas story. I shall soldier on to season two unless I stumbled upon other than series along the way. Lol!!
I think you have high standards for TV shows. that's why you are a good critique.
(09-12-2015, 01:06 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I think you have high standards for TV shows. that's why you are a good critique.

Hahahaha I doubt it. My standard is inconsistent at best. Though I could blame the degree I was pursuing back in the college days. Once you've taken a few of those film courses, you'll never see a film or a show the same way again. While my observation skills has decline since but my habit of looking for holes to poke did not.  Big_smile2
Ala Mystery Science Theater 3000? :)
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy