Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember
The remember app on BB10 is a pure genius. initially when I got the Z10 i was upset coz the notes and tasks app were merged into one. but after few I love this app. Reasons why;

1. I always have it open as a active frame and it shows me pending tasks for the day
2. don't need to have two apps open for tasks and notes. just one. leaving more space for other active frames
3. Flagged emails automatically appear in flagged messages folder (Currently cannot change the default folder. hopefully in the future update). from here, you can change the folder, set reminders including time, and if no time is set still shows up on active frame on due date.
4. Flagged emails will open within the remember app, including attachments, pushing the multitasking capabilities one step further.
5. If you are an evernote user, by adding evernote account in the accounts of the phone, you get off line access even if your are not a premium sub. i use evernote a lot for notes and have them all synced to remember.
6. also outlook.com tasks sync with remember app if you have an outlook.com email set up on your phone.
7. Remember is available via share feature, and you literally share anything to remember; weblinks, photos, copied text (Highlighted text) and so on. 
8. has some great editing tools like fonts, tick boxes, colours
9. other features like voice notes, etc which i dont use but are available for people who do. no need to download a third party app for voice notes.

Overall its a great app and absolutely love. just another small native functionality we take for granted on BB10. how do you or do u use remember app? look forward for your thoughts.
[-] The following 4 users Like veeru789's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, mscloutier, newcollector, Stas
You can also switch between task and note. For example, something may start off as a task, but later you want to have it as a note, you simply file it as a note. It also works the other way.
[-] The following 3 users Like Schmurf.'s post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, newcollector, veeru789
I never remember to use Remember, lol. I should look into it a bit more. Thanks for the tips Veeru
[-] The following 2 users Like Wayno's post:
  • Brad, veeru789
(26-11-2015, 03:16 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: You can also switch between task and note. For example, something may start off as a task, but later you want to have it as a note, you simply file it as a note. It also works the other way.

wow didn't know that. There's always something to learn on a BlackBerry.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(26-11-2015, 03:16 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: You can also switch between task and note. For example, something may start off as a task, but later you want to have it as a note, you simply file it as a note. It also works the other way.

How do you do that? I only see option of moving a task to another task list
When you edit the task, at the bottom you can select where to file. At the top it gives you option for task or note.
[-] The following 3 users Like Schmurf.'s post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, veeru789, Wayno
(27-11-2015, 02:25 AM)Schmurf. Wrote: When you edit the task, at the bottom you can select where to file. At the top it gives you option for task or note.

thanks for the tip. just found the Easter egg
[-] The following 2 users Like veeru789's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, Schmurf.
Thanks for the tips guys!
[-] The following 2 users Like Wayno's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, Schmurf.
I also use the voice note in the Remember App, which I have used in management meetings, and then adding text notes afterwards to the voice note.

It's an awesome app, and works great in meetings and captures all those present.

This is probably my most used app. I can date and time stamp it, and continually add text notes as and when.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Observation Junkie's post:
  • veeru789
OJ, do you record the whole meeting?