Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry Assistant
Don't forget that if you have a relatively recent car with Bluetooth/Voice Rec, and the ability to put contacts in it you can call up the Assistant with ease!
http://utbblogs.com/how-to-use-voice-con...ands-free/
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
Canuck I've got a 2012 Accord Crosstour and even though it runs on QNX, sadly the integration with BB10 is poor. I can only hope that my next car will have better connectivity.
My Passport doesn't recognise that number, I just tried calling it from the Passport. Does it have to be saved as a contact and accessed via Bluetooth?
Has anyone tried getting directions on BlackBerry Assistant?

This is awesome, especially if you want visual route, and route with voice directions.

I did this for the first time in the car last Thursday. While driving, one touch, and then called out where I wanted for go. No typing, the experience was good.

Only downside is, because I don't use 4g, at times it lost signal, and was worried I might miss the turn. But it worked out great at the end.
Have Navigation in car, so never need BlackBerry Assistant.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(06-12-2015, 05:05 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: Canuck I've got a 2012 Accord Crosstour and even though it runs on QNX, sadly the integration with BB10 is poor. I can only hope that my next car will have better connectivity.

Maybe give your Honda dealer a call and ask if there is an update available to the car Bluetooth system. You never know... Works a treat in my 2011 Toyota Venza.

(06-12-2015, 07:02 PM)Wayno Wrote: My Passport doesn't recognise that number, I just tried calling it from the Passport. Does it have to be saved as a contact and accessed via Bluetooth?

Yes, it's only available via Bluetooth in the car.

(07-12-2015, 04:34 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Have Navigation in car, so never need BlackBerry Assistant.

I understand.
I forgot another feature on Assistant, I just asked it to read my BBM, it read it, and asked what I wanted to do.

I responded reply, and called out my response, and it read it back to me.

I forgot about this Damn excellent function.

I'm just going to ask it to read one of my emails now and see how it goes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Observation Junkie's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
Damn, it read out my email, and I asked to respond to it. Read out what I wanted to say.

Again, it read it out to me, then I said send.

This is great for closed environment, if at home, car etc, where you want to just do everything verbally.

Awesome
Again, I forgot about these great little things.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Observation Junkie's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(07-12-2015, 04:30 AM)Observation Junkie Wrote: Has anyone tried getting directions on BlackBerry Assistant?  

This is awesome, especially if you want visual route, and route with voice directions.

I did this for the first time in the car last Thursday. While driving, one touch, and then called out where I wanted for go. No typing, the experience was good.  

Only downside is, because I don't use 4g, at times it lost signal, and was worried I might miss the turn. But it worked out great at the end.

It would be nice if the maps app had an offline option.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan