Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UTB - The Originators
(27-01-2016, 01:29 PM)Canuckvoip Wrote: Yes, unfortunately the aggressive behaviour towards forum members was pretty much a nail in the coffin. In hindsight I am still astonished at the way it was handled, and the fact it was allowed at all/in the first place.
I wasn't really there, but watched that unfold as a spectator. I think you may have been the one sharing links Dave. It was amazing.

If there's one thing the people that ran N4 taught us, it was how not to run a site.

And yet the forumers showed us that forums could actually be welcoming instead of just a place to fight and insult and troll. Glad those guys are here now.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
I never spent much time in the forums over there, I stayed to the regular news items and would rarely read the comments because most of them were either moronic or argumentative. Much more pleasant here!
(27-01-2016, 03:49 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: most of them were either moronic or argumentative. Much more pleasant here!

we were not that bad.....LOL
Glad I was never in the forums there. Sounds like a lot of crap went down
You didn't miss anything unless you love being made fun of because you still use a BlackBerry.
Gotta keep it clean, so will not go into details.

(27-01-2016, 09:38 PM)Wayno Wrote: Glad I was never in the forums there. Sounds like a lot of crap went down
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(27-01-2016, 01:22 PM)veeru789 Wrote: well yes. but that was not the main reason for me leaving. their whole attitude towards BlackBerry and click bait headlines were. also the final nail was when Niko and crew started attacking subs.

I was never apart of their forums, but I certainly agree with you on the click bait headlines and attacking commentators for being pro BlackBerry.
The final straw for myself was when they purposely destroyed a Passport.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Didn't watch the Passport video, but it was def stupid.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(27-01-2016, 04:43 PM)veeru789 Wrote: we were not that bad.....LOL

This is true.
In the beginning life there was great. Cool people and jerks were not tolerated. It was a fun place as this is now. I made great friends there.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(27-01-2016, 02:50 PM)Brad Wrote: I think you may have been the one sharing links Dave. It was amazing.

If there's one thing the people that ran N4 taught us, it was how not to run a site.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Maybe... my brain tends to forget some negatives. In the end you nailed it, they ran it into the ground.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
(01-02-2016, 12:21 PM)Canuckvoip Wrote: This is true.
In the beginning life there was great. Cool people and jerks were not tolerated. It was a fun place as this is now. I made great friends there.

Dave, remember the troll button. they had some pretty cool buttons. like, lol, dislike, etc. the only flag i ever got was from BlackJack. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan