Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UTB - The Originators
Not gonna happen.  Tounge
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(25-11-2015, 06:56 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: You mean shave our heads except pony tails, wearing pink robes, playing tambourine and chanting at your local airports? Big_smile2

You forgot the kool-aid... Big_smile2
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

(25-11-2015, 06:56 AM)bambinoitaliano Wrote: You mean shave our heads except pony tails, wearing pink robes, playing tambourine and chanting at your local airports? Big_smile2

Maybe we could combine that with the fundraising ideas...
I want more UTB backstory!

Sent from my Passport
[-] The following 2 users Like pippimarried's post:
  • fishlove73, mscloutier
(11-12-2015, 06:14 PM)pippimarried Wrote: I want more UTB backstory!

Sent from my Passport

I think Brad did a great intro for sure.
On another site (orange) where we all hung around we were all loosely (and without being organized) defending the BlackBerry brand and phones from those that would try and knock it down.
After a while we all started to notice each other as having similar attitude and ability to argue/defend.
At that time I was pretty much doing it on my own (in no group), and unbeknownst to me Brad was in a couple of BBM groups along with people that were considered to be heavy hitters in the BB community.
One day while Biggly and I were having fun torturing some poor unfortunate naysayer I got a PM. It was Brad saying he thought I had a humorous way of giving people ***** and would I like to join a BBM group made up of pure BB lovers.
Well, DUH!!!
That was October 31st/2013 when I met a lot of really cool people. Some are still here, and some have departed.
I had for years also been a member of another site (green/yellow) and loved the forum and people there (BJ/Chap/MMF/Trev and more) where at the time there were no aholes.
Anyway, at that time we were just using the BBM group to have some fun and organize some "positive feedback" to trollish behaviour.
One day we basically got told that if we wanted to continue saying the things we were saying, and doing the things we were doing then we should start our own site/forum.
We tried (at my urging) to move to and grow the green/yellow site, but that was a fail for various reasons.
And then... Brad took that mod's advice to heart, and the official UTB site was born. That was around Jan 21/2014. Here's my first blog ever... http://utbblogs.com/its-me-dave/

Waaaht

Things have changed and grown of course. We invited Blackjack, Chap, Trev, MMF, and others to UTB as the green/yellow site started to implode and devolve into the mini BGR that it is today. James as well.
It was sad to see what happened to the green/yellow place. The forum was filled with awesome people having fun. It was really a second home for me. Seems it just got destroyed from within by over inflated egos and bullies. Oh well, nothing left to care about.

And so here we are.
A huge thank you to all who create, maintain, contribute, and share UTB. You are all the best!
Lub
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 8 users Like Canuckvoip's post:
  • BlackJack, Brad, DickLewis13, mscloutier, pippimarried, Trev, veeru789, Wayno
Great story, Dave. I got here as fast as I could. :)
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • Canuckvoip
Found Brad's original invite to me. Bwahahahaha!!!

10-31-13, 09:28 PM
Hello Canuckvoip!

Just got to say, I admire your posting history here. You seem to be a true BB fan, and I'd like to invite you to our #IchooseBlackBerry10 BBM Group. We're a bunch of true BB enthusiasts, we're the first group that started the 'Twitter trend' ...if it ever actually trended that is...

You might recognize some of our members. We have the always positive Warlack, LillyFox, Geoffsdad, BigglyBobblyBoo, In_loco_nomen (he's the squircle guy!), I'm sure you would recognize most our members. We tend to discuss happenings with Blackberry (some of our members have some connections it seems), alot of talk about the trolls, and some general silliness.

If you'd like to give us a try, contact me on BBM and I'll throw you an invite.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 4 users Like Canuckvoip's post:
  • DickLewis13, mscloutier, Schmurf., veeru789
And so it began...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • Canuckvoip
Thanks for sharing, Canuck! It's great that you were all able to congregate for the greater good.

Sent from my Passport
[-] The following 1 user Likes pippimarried's post:
  • Canuckvoip
(14-12-2015, 08:10 AM)Canuckvoip Wrote: Found Brad's original invite to me. Bwahahahaha!!!

10-31-13, 09:28 PM
Hello Canuckvoip!

Just got to say, I admire your posting history here. You seem to be a true BB fan, and I'd like to invite you to our #IchooseBlackBerry10 BBM Group. We're a bunch of true BB enthusiasts, we're the first group that started the 'Twitter trend' ...if it ever actually trended that is...

You might recognize some of our members. We have the always positive Warlack, LillyFox, Geoffsdad, BigglyBobblyBoo, In_loco_nomen (he's the squircle guy!), I'm sure you would recognize most our members. We tend to discuss happenings with Blackberry (some of our members have some connections it seems), alot of talk about the trolls, and some general silliness.

If you'd like to give us a try, contact me on BBM and I'll throw you an invite.

Bwahahahahaha!!! I can't believe you found that.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • Canuckvoip