Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emoji/keyboard shortcuts
Hi guys,
If you go to your settings/language and input/prediction and correction, and turn off Learn new words, you can type in emoji as text. This only works with the "Learn new words" turned off. On my Passport the following works so far:
thunder
Rain
Sun ☼ ☉
Umbrella
Hand
Fist
Smile
Clock
Time
Hot
Cold
disable
Heart
love
Cloud
Man ♂
Woman ♀
snow
Fuel
coffee
Plane
Rook ♖ ♜
Knight ♘ ♞
Queen ♕ ♛
King ♔ ♚
Pawn ♙ ♟
Bishop ♗ ♝
Telephone
Death ☠
Diamond
Spade
Heart
Club
Moon ☽ ☪ ☾
Baseball
ball
Pen
Pencil
Scissors
Cross
Male ⚣ ♂
Female ⚢ ♀
Most of these wouldn't work on my Z30 for some reason but may work on other phones. If you do a Google search for emoji, you will find heaps more that you can use in your word substitutions by simply copying and pasting the emoji into word substitution. Once they are saved there you can turn on "Learn new words" again.
See if you can find any others that work on your phone. I believe different OS versions will have a part in what is available.
Enjoy!!
Edit: for some reason, some aren't displaying properly here, and on your phone they should display in colour too (this was posted from my Passport)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wayno's post:
  • veeru789
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Whatsapp could use these. As their emojis suck.
Thx, Wayno. Work on Passport for me.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Thank you, Wayno.
So for example if you in a BBM chat and type any of those words then the emoji should appear ? It doesn't work on my Passport, do you need to use " " or ** ?
Did you turn learn new words off.?
Worked on my Passport, copied and made shortcuts, turned learn back on.

(19-11-2015, 08:58 AM)La Bete Wrote: So for example if you in a BBM chat and type any of those words then the emoji should appear ? It doesn't work on my Passport, do you need to use " " or ** ?
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Follow instructions, as DL said, it works on Passport
It did work I just restarted my Passport. Thanks