Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weakest Link in the Priv
(12-11-2015, 12:58 AM)Brad Wrote: I actually just spotted this in a review yesterday. Guy said to allow android to settle in for a few hours after a reset to let it settle without touching it. This was news to me. I guess it's an android thing. But should make the android lag better.

This reviewer said if you haven't done it, to reset your phone and allow it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I did see this too, interesting.
Well, the Hub started acting strange and after an hour of trying to troubleshoot I factory reset last night again. Everything seems to be running smoother this time around with one incredibly huge problem: the Hub is still not pulling in any of my emails. It is only displaying test messages. I know some may be thinking it's just me, and I'm sure there's some truth to that, but I've owned literally around a dozen smartphones in the past couple of years (4 iPhones, 3 Androids, 4 BB10, 2 WP) so I'm pretty familiar with the concept. That said, any help would be appreciated. In the meantime, I'll keep searching the interwebs as I'm able to.

Thanks UTB Community! As always, you guys rock.
Outsider. Is there anything amuck in the email settings in the HUB?

Maybe reset your password so you sign in again? (I don't believe you actually have to change it)

Are all the settings accurate for domain name and stuff?
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Hi James,

No settings that I can see. I even removed all of the accounts and re-added them but no joy. I have configured a Gmail, iCloud, and Outlook account and none them work. What's very peculiar is that they were all working the first time around. *tongue in cheek* I guess I shouldn't have let Android "settle in" first.
Are the emails showing in your android notifications? I've heard a few accounts of hub stealing notifications.... Wonder if the reverse is happening for you?

(12-11-2015, 12:34 AM)outsider Wrote: So the jury is still out since I only received my Priv yesterday but so far the weakest link to this device is the operating system. Android 5.1.1 seems to be laggy but it isn't a hardware issue. I had a OnePlus 2, which sports a more powerful SD 810 and 4GB of RAM on a lower res 1080p screen, and there were still similar issues though not always to the same extent. I get random missed screen touches and delays in loading basic applications on a regular basis. I read somewhere about needing to let Android "settle in" but I have no idea what that even means.

Anyway, hoping this thread can be a place where anyone who has experience with the Priv or Android can help us smooth things out. One thing the Priv helps to further support is how incredible BlackBerry is at making hardware devices.
This happened to me I also did factory reset. Have you upgraded all the BlackBerry apps including Hub?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
Update: I removed all of the accounts again and began adding them back in one-by-one. For some reason, everything in the Hub is functioning properly again. Oh and yes, all apps were updated before I started putting in any personal account information.

Things seem to be running quite smoothly now though battery life is underwhelming like Canuck had mentioned. Will go the weekend and see how things level out. Thanks again everyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes outsider's post:
  • james pisano
(12-11-2015, 12:58 AM)Brad Wrote: I actually just spotted this in a review yesterday. Guy said to allow android to settle in for a few hours after a reset to let it settle without touching it. This was news to me. I guess it's an android thing. But should make the android lag better.

This reviewer said if you haven't done it, to reset your phone and allow it.

Reset a new phone??? That's weird.

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(13-11-2015, 10:13 PM)Robert Wrote: Reset a new phone??? That's weird.

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden

Hey, it's an Android so new phone or not, if I get the Priv, I will do what the guy at total Tech suggests. I guess it can't hurt.

If I got the Priv, the weakest link would be the user.
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • Brad, james pisano
Brand new Android Devices Crash all the time. No surprise here. I have first hand experience now. Can slap any fandroid user who doesn't agree ;)
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • james pisano