Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Charging
Odd decision not to include wireless charging on the Canadian version. What about the EMEA version? And why didn't BlackBerry ship the device with a fast charger? And why a 2 MP front camera?
All good questions, Sipo. Read a lot about Front camera being only 2 MP.
Can't image wanted even that for my selfie. :)
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(10-11-2015, 05:17 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: All good questions, Sipo. Read a lot about Front camera being only 2 MP.
Can't image wanted even that for my selfie. :)

DL, a 2 MP front camera probably can do the job. I am not a selfie person, so, I wouldn't know. My Z10 and Z30 both have a 2 MP front camera but I don't care because I rarely use it, if at all, however, given that the competition has bumped front cameras up to 5 MP, one would have thought that BlackBerry would do the same, just to keep up with them.
Huh. Well, I don't have a need for a front camera for anything other than video chats.

But I'm not the average user they're chasing with the Priv. Hopefully the 2MP front camera won't discourage too many buyers.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
2 MP is more than enough for selfies. the Z30, Passport all take good selfies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • james pisano
(10-11-2015, 05:14 AM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Odd decision not to include wireless charging on the Canadian version. What about the EMEA version? And why didn't BlackBerry ship the device with a fast charger? And why a 2 MP front camera?

I've heard the reason for this is the American carriers are pushing for this, yet Canadian carriers aren't. I'm just glad they chose to make all Shop BlackBerry phones with it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(11-11-2015, 01:55 PM)veeru789 Wrote: 2 MP is more than enough for selfies. the Z30, Passport all take good selfies.

With my face, 2 MP is too good a camera.

Honestly, this selfie camera thing... ugh. It's not a selfie cam. It's a video chat cam. Freaking iDiots are too in to themselves and have hijacked the video chat cam. For video chat, it's more important to have a steady stream than a HD stream. Too good a camera will just add issues to a smooth video chat

(12-11-2015, 01:03 AM)Brad Wrote: Too good a camera will just add issues to a smooth video chat

Really!? How do you know this man!? What makes this happen?
(12-11-2015, 08:05 AM)james pisano Wrote: Really!? How do you know this man!? What makes this happen?

More data going through the pipe. Lol.

Ah. Hmm. That makes sense!