Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Charging
Watching a Samdung commercial about wireless charging and how they have it and the iPhone doesn't, but I'm wondering will the Priv have it? Seems like a feature BlackBerry is attempting to offer on all devices going forward. It's a really convenient feature.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
BlackBerry has been successful in keeping some of the features of the Priv under the hood until the official launch of the device, whenever that will be, in doing so, they have sustained the interest in the device. I sure hope it has wireless charging. Given that it borrows the curved screen design from the Galaxy S6 Edge, it must surely have wireless charging, otherwise, that will be a bit of a put off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SipoKapumba's post:
  • james pisano
Cool Sipo. Now you're making me wonder about curved edge screens and frivolous, Apple-style lawsuits!
(02-11-2015, 10:27 PM)james pisano Wrote: Cool Sipo. Now you're making me wonder about curved edge screens and frivolous, Apple-style lawsuits!

I am worried about that possibility also, but you know what, if it came, it might make the Priv more popular, thanks to free publicity that the controversy would generate. On the other hand, if BlackBerry struck a deal with Samsung to use the design, in exchange for cash consideration, that is an entirely different matter. BlackBerry has never been know to be careless when it comes to other companies patents.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SipoKapumba's post:
  • james pisano
james, if you watch those unboxing videos, they have some use cases for the curved screen. you can pin certain apps there for quick access. what I would be interested to see is if the keyboard shortcuts will work on the priv.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • james pisano
My understanding is the VKB and PKB work exactly the same as they do with BB10... On good authority.
Yep, what ^^^^^ he says.
(03-11-2015, 07:53 AM)james pisano Wrote: My understanding is the VKB and PKB work exactly the same as they do with BB10... On good authority.

that's good news. have to see how the Fandroids will react to that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • james pisano
All early prerelease indications are that many Fandroids are excited by the physical keyboard. Though sometimes tempted to get the Priv, I know what would happen if I got it: I would only use the physical keyboard. That is what I did on the two slider Torch phones I had. If that is the case, I have the best phone to do that already; my Passport.
(04-11-2015, 10:27 PM)newcollector Wrote: All early prerelease indications are that many Fandroids are excited by the physical keyboard. Though sometimes tempted to get the Priv, I know what would happen if I got it: I would only use the physical keyboard. That is what I did on the two slider Torch phones I had. If that is the case, I have the best phone to do that already; my Passport.
I also exclusively used my Torch 9800 with the PKB, but given the slim design of the Priv and the wide keyboard, I'd probably use both, just as often.
The Torch PKB was rather rather squashed, it took a lot of getting used to, coming from the comfort of the 8820's keyboard.