Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem accessing settings!
Okay so on my mother's Q10 I cannot access settings at all. The only way I've managed is using the drop down settings. I can toggle notifications and alarm from there but can't make any changes to any of them as it won't open the settings screen.

If pressed it will simply not respond. The most success I've had is it'll make as it to open an active frame and open a gap for where the settings active frame aught to be, but it never opens. Just a random gap there. I've tried soft and hard resets but no success. Anyone deal with anything like this?
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
I haven't heard of this issue. I would maybe suggest a security wipe. Back up her phone first and then do a wipe.
Before going down the security wipe, may I humbly suggest a good old fashioned battery pull.
Hmm battery pull didn't help. :( I'm guessing a security wipe is in order. It was last resort.
(23-04-2014, 04:01 AM)undbiter65 Wrote: Hmm battery pull didn't help. :( I'm guessing a security wipe is in order. It was last resort.

Ya I would say so. Sounds like something corrupt.
Official carrier OS?
(23-04-2014, 07:35 AM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: Official carrier OS?

Well she never got to update to 10.2.1 as the settings messed up and won't let her access the "Updates" page. So she is still on 10.0. which probably explains why it's so wonky.
Wow. 10.0 yuck. You need to bring that phone up to date with an unofficial OS so your mom can be cool just like the rest of us at UTB. LOL
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(23-04-2014, 12:36 PM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote: Wow. 10.0 yuck. You need to bring that phone up to date with an unofficial OS so your mom can be cool just like the rest of us at UTB. LOL
Yup. She's jealous of my toast and locks screen notifications! Lol. Just haven't gotten around to it. :(
(23-04-2014, 12:41 PM)undbiter65 Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 12:36 PM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote: Wow. 10.0 yuck. You need to bring that phone up to date with an unofficial OS so your mom can be cool just like the rest of us at UTB. LOL
Yup. She's jealous of my toast and locks screen notifications! Lol. Just haven't gotten around to it. :(

Serious? You deserve to be put across her knee and get taken to with the belt.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden