• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry Priv Ads
Agreed Veeru. Day 2 then? :)
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Lol.
I think more towards the mid-end of the first quarter
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • bartron
(06-11-2015, 02:10 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I think the pick up will be slow. as people see more and more devices in the street that when the sales figures will really shoot up. I'm not expecting a million sales on day 1.

Chen says BlackBerry just needs to sell 5 million devices a year for the handset business to be profitable. This should be achievable with the Priv. Actually, they might do better than 5 million handsets over 12 months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SipoKapumba's post:
  • bartron
I agree Sipo. The Android market it humongous. I bet we take a decent bite of it in the first 6 months. Even just a minute portion would equate to millions of units sold. Exciting!
(08-11-2015, 05:58 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Chen says BlackBerry just needs to sell 5 million devices a year for the handset business to be profitable. This should be achievable with the Priv. Actually, they might do better than 5 million handsets over 12 months.

Yup that's 1.25 mil a quarter. Should be easy since We already have a base of 800,000 devices.
(09-11-2015, 01:46 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Yup that's 1.25 mil a quarter. Should be easy since We already have a base of 800,000 devices.

Veeru, the installed base of BlackBerry, including legacy devices, probably runs into tens of millions. In my country, Zambia, BBOS 5, BBOS 6 and BBOS 7 devices are still popular and are available new or refurbished at reasonable prices. Lots of people like them because of BIS. If a lot of existing BlackBerry users would upgrade to the Priv, that would translate into quite a number of devices being sold in a year.
Anyone with an idea how many BIS subscribers there are world wide? That should give an indication of the potential for the Priv, or a cheaper version of it, to capture the Android market.
My view is that the Priv is aimed mainly at legacy device users and those who have left the platform for Android, not so much to convert BB10 users to Android, though in the promotional videos I have seen, there is a slight hint of this too.
Brad made me do it!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes homer's post:
  • Brad
(10-11-2015, 03:23 PM)homer Wrote: Brad made me do it!

Hilarious! Lmao

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(10-11-2015, 05:38 AM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Veeru, the installed base of BlackBerry, including legacy devices, probably runs into tens of millions. In my country, Zambia, BBOS 5, BBOS 6 and BBOS 7 devices are still popular and are available new or refurbished at reasonable prices. Lots of people like them because of BIS. If a lot of existing BlackBerry users would upgrade to the Priv, that would translate into quite a number of devices being sold in a year.
Anyone with an idea how many BIS subscribers there are world wide? That should give an indication of the potential for the Priv, or a cheaper version of it, to capture the Android market.
My view is that the Priv is aimed mainly at legacy device users and those who have left the platform for Android, not so much to convert BB10 users to Android, though in the promotional videos I have seen, there is a slight hint of this too.

That's really interesting Sipo, about the BIS users and BBOS users. Thanks for your perspective!
Sipo, I agree. what I meant was, on a conservative basis, even if we take the low base of last quarter sales, 800K, with Priv, I think the 5 million mark is quite easy. and as you rightly said, there are still lots of BIS users. my guess is anywhere between 20-40 million (BIS and BES put together). have to dig deeper in BBRY results to get the exact number.