Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fortune.com article on the Priv
Theck out this article from Fortune.com There are a lot of knob jockeys in the comments posting trash about BlackBerry. Just unbelievable.
http://fortune.com/2015/10/22/blackberry...d-pricing/
Hmm. So the Priv price (Although we don't know what the US carriers will be charging) is not justified because BlackBerry has not had as much time with Android as Apple has had with iOS and Samsung with Android? That implies that every new product should be priced at a discount.

That's a reach. Why not judge the phone on its merits? The merits of the HW and the implementation of the OS? Why? Probably because the author is a BlackBerry hater. I wonder what articles he's published in the past that were complimentary of BlackBerry? Probably zero.

We are about 8 weeks from seeing how the Priv sells. I mean, from having the Priv available for a month or so and seeing the marketing efforts and how successful they are. Hopefully this guy's opinion will be washed away in a flood of Priv sales.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Agreed James, article was a big joke. It was forwarded to me by a rather P.....d of BlackBerry fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wayno's post:
  • james pisano
I think every BlackBerry phone that's been released has been moaned about being priced too high, yet somehow Apple releases a phone near $1,000 price tag (with mediocre specs) and no one bats an eye.

Getting real tired of this double standard.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trev's post:
  • Brad, james pisano
Last night on a UTB Blogcast, Dave made a great point about this article. He said "That's like saying Tesla can't charge a price for it's premium cars that is commensurate with the technology, cause it's new too." Or something along those lines. Good point Dave!
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 2 users Like james pisano's post:
  • Brad, Trev
I think that's the challenge BlackBerry is facing with Priv. On Paper the phone is worth as much as any of the high end phone in the market. But it's reputation has been damage it can't charge too high to get non BlackBerry consumers to buy. It's not Apple who is the expert of hype that can get away with every "new" phone release. In all honesty even if it's running BB10 OS, for $899 that is very expensive for a phone in my opinion. For those who claim this is not the phone for everyone and it's aiming at enterprise customers, how many are they out there with BlackBerry current reputation in the market would fork out that kind of money for Priv? Don't forget the company need to sell this in millions every quarter. The biggest market is in the US. It's also the slowest customers to adopt. They are still hanging onto a three year old news about BlackBerry. Their first question will be will Priv be as good as Iphone? Yes ,we can roll our eyes collectively on that but the front line retailer has to be able to sell it by telling customers it's better than Iphone and Samsung. They have to be able to do quick demo that this "new OS" phone is as easy to use as what they are use to.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
I'm literally surrounded by people that would never give BlackBerry a second glance. All android and iPhone users. The only time I have ever seen another BB10 phone in the wild, was when I met up with BJ and Chap. But something weird is happening. These same people are talking to me about the Priv. I even had an iPhone user this morning telling me he was on the BlackBerry website last night, and is thinking about the Leap now!

Problem is, none of these people are the type that would go out and pay full price for a phone. So I'm really hoping the carriers put the Priv on a nice payment plan. If they do, this could go over big.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(26-10-2015, 12:14 AM)Brad Wrote: I'm literally surrounded by people that would never give BlackBerry a second glance. All android and iPhone users. The only time I have ever seen another BB10 phone in the wild, was when I met up with BJ and Chap. But something weird is happening. These same people are talking to me about the Priv. I even had an iPhone user this morning telling me he was on the BlackBerry website last night, and is thinking about the Leap now!

Problem is, none of these people are the type that would go out and pay full price for a phone. So I'm really hoping the carriers put the Priv on a nice payment plan. If they do, this could go over big.

You said it! Nice payment plan. That is a huge hurdle follow by the carriers and retail employees easy sell like they did for Samsung and Apple. It's a fast food outlet system out there. They only have minutes to push a phone with minimum explanation. I'm wondering portion of the high price is meant to reward the carriers and retailers for the push.
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
That very well could be! Wish Samsung's spiffs, maybe there's a bonus for the reps built in to the cost. We could only hope. That would be more helpful than any TV ads.